• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
    WSU is Power 6
    False. There is no P6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      False. There is no P6.
      Aresco told me otherwise.

Comment

• Bruce Rasmussen probably wants to think there's a P6, too -- he just has a different #6 in mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          You are confused about a lot of things. .. that's ok.
          I only ask because it sounded like you were suggesting we are a "Power 5 like" school because we pay our coach a top 10 salary. Either that or because our performance on the court has been phenomenal. Either one, aren't really good indicators.

Comment

WSU is Power 6 and a premiere college basketball program. Get it right.
            🌻🌻🌻👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
            SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
            gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
              Bruce Rasmussen probably wants to think there's a P6, too -- he just has a different #6 in mind.
              Never heard of him so I don't care what he thinks. Reality is reality. American is P6.

Comment

Never heard of him so I don't care what he thinks. Reality is reality. American is P6.
                "Power 6" sounds like an inferiority complex, in mine and others perspectives. If your really just trying to say your the 6th best conference. Why not just say the AAC is a Top 6 conference? Sounds less desperate. And from a WSU/MVC fan's perspective, hey I'm glad it's number with a single digit.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                  "Power 6" sounds like an inferiority complex, in mine and others perspectives. If your really just trying to say your the 6th best conference. Why not just say the AAC is a Top 6 conference? Sounds less desperate. And from a WSU/MVC fan's perspective, hey we are glad it's number with a single digit.
                  Why sell your program and conference short? If you feel like your conference has the resources and means to be represented as a power 6 conference then own it, rep that ****. Perception starts with yourself.
                  Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

"Power 6" sounds like an inferiority complex, in mine and others perspectives. If your really just trying to say your the 6th best conference. Why not just say the AAC is a Top 6 conference? Sounds less desperate. And from a WSU/MVC fan's perspective, hey I'm glad it's number with a single digit.
                    I thought the same thing at first. But then I saw how much the term irritated/annoyed every other conference (P5/G5/non-football). "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Are you saying the WSU is "Power 5 like" because we pay our coach similarly?
                      I'm confused.

that's actually a pretty good indicator. wichita state investment in shocker basketballl is top-notch.

are you easily confused?

Comment

I only ask because it sounded like you were suggesting we are a "Power 5 like" school because we pay our coach a top 10 salary. Either that or because our performance on the court has been phenomenal. Either one, aren't really good indicators.
                        Your trolling is becoming really obvious, and tired.

There are any number of metrics reflective of WSU that are commensurate to - at the minimum - the 50th percentile of P5 MBB programs. Coaching salary, MBB budget, MBB revenues, weeks historically spent in polls, butts in seats, post-season performance, advanced metrics such as kenpom/sagarin/haslametrics, MTE invites, and so on and so forth.

Perhaps you should discover a little about WSU, if you are legitimately a fan.

Comment

• I hate the idea of the P6, but not because of anything against the American. I just hate the idea of repping conferences in general.

They do that to the SEC all the time, but in football, the SEC East may be the single worst division of any major conference over the last several years, by most advanced metrics. Yet shove Alabama and a few other top 10 programs in the other division and they get to pump up the opposite side because "SEC!"

What do Florida State and Wake Forest have in common beyond stitching ACC onto their chest? Ohio State and Iowa? Kentucky and Vanderbilt?

Wichita State isn't a P5-like team. It's a consistent top 25 team for nearly a decade, with a top 10 salary for its coach, top 40 attendance, and so on. Nothing about that says Wichita State is comparable to Wake Forest, or Vanderbilt, or Purdue, or Iowa State. We're not defined by the AAC anymore than we were the MVC. The American is "P6" in the sense that, like the other "P6" conferences, it has a handful of top 25 teams, a handful of top 50 teams, and a handful of leaches feeding off the success of the top teams. What differentiates things is that the top conferences aren't 80% leaches.

P6 is a nice concept but the entirety of the P5/P6 concept is just designed to prop up shitty teams that have nothing of their own to cheer for beyond bragging about their association with better teams. I'd prefer not to buy into the messed-up propaganda machine that allows knuckle-dragging teams into the tournament year after year because they're losing to Duke instead of Evansville. I'm ecstatic that we get to play UConn, Cinci, etc. multiple times a year -- because it gives us more entertaining games and more chances to prove ourselves, not because we can leach off of UConn's titles for bragging rights. That's Creighton nonsense.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Are you saying the WSU is "Power 5 like" because we pay our coach similarly? What is the basis behind thiking WSU is Power 5 like? Or that Creighton isn't?
                            I'm confused.
                            Because we routinely beat P5 teams.

Comment

Like you mentioned yourself. .. you are confused.

Comment

• I like the power 6 vibe, this league can match up with any of the other 5, especially basketball wise. Plus it will get on the nerves of the other 5 leagues

Comment

Working...
                                X