The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
    I would guess the next coach will not make HCGM money unless the hire is considered to be a proven top ten coach
    $3M may not be considered high level pay in 2032.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
      Billy Donovan to Indiana is latest rumor. I like it. Slows the carousel.
      Not really, then who goes to the OKC Thunder. Probably Gottlieb (his dad was an AAU coach), so he'd get a strong look because of that.

Then who takes the radio job? Strong rumor would be that one guy that has been moving up since day one. Yes, Matt Perrault. Obvious choice.

This thing could really affect Wichita then with many people saying that job could be filled with an arguably better talent in Paul savage.

Comment

• Appetite

I just keep bouncing back to the comment "How many hamburgers can one man eat?"

I guess it really depends on how hungry he is.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Coach is staying Home. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
            I just keep bouncing back to the comment "How many hamburgers can one man eat?"

I guess it really depends on how hungry he is.

That is all.
            I think he prefers Cheeseburgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              CLASSIC! Ah, what a good childhood as a child of the 70's.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                If you're ever in Chicago, you have to visit the inspiration for this, the Billy Goat Tavern!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• "Ultimately, the Indiana coaching search boils down to these six candidates" - CBS Sports

by Gary Parrish
                  Mar 20, 2017

"...UCLA’s Steve Alford, Baylor’s Scott Drew, Butler’s Chris Holtmann, Xavier’s Chris Mack, Wichita State’s Gregg Marshall or Dayton’s Archie Miller. One of those men will be Indiana’s next coach, I’d bet. And any of them would be a good hire. So, absolutely, I think things will ultimately end well with Indiana’s search.

...Marshall makes sense because he’s a super-confident coach who has built Wichita State into a monster and is unafraid to speak his mind, which longtime IU fans raised on Bob Knight must appreciate. But he’s set to have a top-10 team next preseason. Coaches don’t usually abandon those, it should be noted...."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    If you're ever in Chicago, you have to visit the inspiration for this, the Billy Goat Tavern!
                    Bring cash, it's definitely worth a stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                      $3M may not be considered high level pay in 2032.
                      With the $500K bump in 2018 and $100k per year, that will be $5mm in 2032.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Georgetown fired head basketball coach John Thompson III on Thursday, ending a successful 13-year run in which he became the school's second-winningest head coach...

Any reason to be concerned? Indiana doesn't worry me much at all. Georgetown is a little scarier. Glad it is opening up this year.

Comment

• A lot better places to live than in the DC area. Lived there a
                          year and would not EVER go back there to live. Wichita is SO
                          much better !

Comment

• There is not a universe in which Georgetown is a better job than Indiana.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                              Any reason to be concerned?
                              I'm a closet worrier, and this one doesn't even make my meter move off of zero.

There's a reason why it has developed to be the P5 and everyone else. Who GT gets to fill the position will illustrate this, much to the disbelief of big east-ers. I'm sure they'll get someone solid, but it is a different candidate list than you see bandied about for the good P5 jobs.
                              Last edited by SHOCKvalue; March 23, 2017, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                                There is not a universe in which Georgetown is a better job than Indiana.
                                That is not what I was stating. Indiana does not seem like it would be a good fit at all. All indications point to Indiana wanting some sort of state connection, etc. I would be surprised if Gregg wasn't like 7th or 8th on their list before Gregg even needed to make a decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X