The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    They're hoping, anyway. Got to get back on top of the heap in the state somehow.

Meanwhile, back to reality -- Alford ought to be absolutely campaigning (on the QT, of course) for the job. Back home in Indiana, as the saying goes, plus escaping UCLA while the opportunity is there to do it (much like McDermott from Iowa State to Creighton, just in the nick of once upon a time), plus no more aggravation from LaVar Ball and his family. It's a match made in Hoosier heaven.
    Re: escaping LA; you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave...
    I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

• Ha ha. Marshall for 2.4 M? Ya Right

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        Ha ha. Marshall for 2.4 M? Ya Right
        Its assumed the next coach has a seemingly unlimited supply of credit cards.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
          And again K state gets caught in a bad version of musical chairs. Webber stays and Underwood is way out of reach. Makes me smile.
          Haha. I know.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• OSU is just doing their part to be a 200+ RPI team when we throttle them next year.

Typical P5 bullshit!
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              OSU is just doing their part to be a 200+ RPI team when we throttle them next year.

Typical P5 bullshit!
              Doc and I discussed this last night. OU and OSU could be flipping scripts next season.
              78-65

Comment

• Honestly, percentage wise, who does Oklahoma State get next year? Is Goatlube the front runner? 60% chance for Douggie? Marshall sneak in at a 10% chance?

Comment

• I always thought with one glaring exception, the perfect guy for the OSU job would be Barry Hinson. It's his alma mater. Native Oklahoman. Fits in perfectly with the culture and everything that goes with it. But again the major exception that negates everything; he just hasn't been nearly successful enough to qualify for the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    I would be disappointed, but I would wish him well. I mean, the guy has shown how loyal he is. Even if he did move on it doesn't make the WSU job any less valuable. In the end he has to do what is best for him and his family. I can't fault him no matter what.
                    I really don't want to hear this "BEST FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY", that is a catch phrase that has been used for years to say, make more money. At the 3.5 M rate it is ridiculous to think that one more dime will be better for him and his family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                      I really don't want to hear this "BEST FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY", that is a catch phrase that has been used for years to say, make more money.
                      NO ****!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                        Marshall sneak in at a 10% chance?
                        You're about 10% too high.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Marshall have another ten year rebuild in him? Probably. Would it be more attractive to stay put, rinse, and repeat for as long as he wishes to coach? Geographically Stillwater is no less a shithole than Wichita. Coach where you are loved!

Comment

• Marshall going to Stillwater would be like Coach K leaving Duke to coach South Carolina or Georgia or something.

Not saying Marshall is Coach K (yet) but it's the same idea. Not gonna happen.

Only reason marshall always says "I will listen to offers" is because he is leaving the invitation open for the 5 select schools he actually would leave for someday. He probably wants them to be aware that he will listen if THEY come with an offer. We all have a pretty good idea who those are. But for some reason all the mid level BCS programs think somehow he could possibly be interested in them because he says he will listen. Those comments were never about that. He's just marketing himself for a future offer at the very top. That's why Shocker fans don't need to be worried. He's already demonstrated that UCLA isn't even at the level he would leave for. Who does that leave?

Oklahoma state? Missouri? Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                              I really don't want to hear this "BEST FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY", that is a catch phrase that has been used for years to say, make more money. At the 3.5 M rate it is ridiculous to think that one more dime will be better for him and his family.
                              I disagree. He's at a level where he will be very wealthy. There's another level where one can garuntee that their children will also be wealthy. There's also the "career goals" aspect of best for family. While one might argue that those are selfish things, I would argue that the pursuit of a common goal can build strength in a relationship. Finally, I'd say that what's best for you and your family can also mean taking less money to be in a certain geographical location or to be closer to friends/family. I think what that term really means is that it's his decision and no decision is necessarily wrong or right.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Best for your family doesn't always mean money. Leaving for more money means only that; leaving for more money. Just say it.

Comment

Working...
                                X