The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
    Clemson? In a league where NC State, which has a couple of national championship banners, is already a deservedly spurned also-ran? I wasn't aware that Clemson was a championship contender next season.

Chances like the one Marshall has next year -- following a chance to get launched on the way yet this season -- don't grow on trees. He won't fail to savor it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      Louisville is the only job I would think Gregg would leave for at this point.

Duke and UNC are going to hire within.

Kentucky would get Billy Donovan and Mark goes to KU.

Unless those jobs come open, everything else is click bait.
      agree

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        "The rumblings coming out of St. Louis last week from those in the WSU know during the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament is that Marshall may be getting antsy...."

I'm sorry, but I don't remember talking to Todd last week.
        He spent the weekend hanging out with Lutz.

Comment

• Groce out at Illinois.

Illinois athletic director Josh Whitman said the decision to fire coach John Groce on Saturday was "an assessment that has been ongoing for a long time."
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Take no chances! We should give GM another raise. Worth the money.

Comment

• GM is in an awfully good place right now. Making great money,
              has a great team coming back, foundation set for at least three
              more years, and the admiration of an entire city. Why risk all
              of that? Just another piece or two each year and were perpetual
              dancers. He has enough money and perks galore. Happy wife
              happy life and she certainly seems to be happy here. Home is where
              the heart is. Hope theirs is here now. Still doesn't hurt to offer
              him money incentives for winning the league, the tournament, and
              each level thereafter.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                That's my guess. Bama and 4.4 didn't get it done. Gregg is making an extra half mill since then and has a whale of a team returning. 5M plus blue blood or I'm not worried. Potential suitors (regardless. Of if they actually would pursue):

Duke
                Kentucky
                UNC
                Kansas
                Indiana
                UCLA
                Louisville
                MSU
                Texas
                Florida
                Syracuse
                Arizona
                Oregon
                UConn
                Duke, Kentucky and Louisville are the only schools on your list that currently pay their MBB coach a salary greater than $5 million.

Self at $4.8 million and Sean Miller at $4.5 million are more than $4 million; IMO doubtful if any of the other schools would offer $5 million salary. The article regards NC State makes a case for them to pay Marshall and the school has the added advantage of geographical location as Marshall is from South Carolina.

In my mind the Marshall Plan that HC3G has developed and implemented at WSU will prevent him from leaving the university. His team is primed for a deep run in this year's tourney and will be fully locked and loaded for another deep run next year. So why would he leave; something to be said about being the big fish in the pond. WSU needs to leave the small MVC pond to provide their "big fish" with a larger environment that offers greater growth opportunity for the "big fish."

Comment

• Texas, Arizona and UCLA would be the only schools that we would lose our coach to! The Blue Blood schools already have coaches lined up for replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by JEE View Post
                    Texas, Arizona and UCLA would be the only schools that we would lose our coach to! The Blue Blood schools already have coaches lined up for replacement.
                    Miller and Alford are not going anywhere anytime soon. Shaka? He will be on a short string.

Comment

• [QUOTE=JEE;712904]Texas, Arizona and UCLA would be the only schools that we would lose our coach to! The Blue Blood schools already have coaches lined up for replacement.[/QUOTE

Texas? Why in the hell is Texas a great place to coach college basketball? I have read this many times this year but can't for the life of me understand it. Texas is all about football, football, football, some baseball, and women's track.

Hell, even Texas A&M spends more on their program then Texas does.

Comment

• I thought HCGM was the best candidate the last time UCLA and Texas came open.

I know their fans like to say they didn't come calling, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          I thinking between Illinois and Mizzou, who ever offers Cuonzo more gets him.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by JEE View Post
                            Texas, Arizona and UCLA would be the only schools that we would lose our coach to! The Blue Blood schools already have coaches lined up for replacement.
                            Umm, did you post this on dial up in 2014 and it's just now going through?
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                              Umm, did you post this on dial up in 2014 and it's just now going through?
                              It's the ShockerNet twilight zone!
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• There are two problems with this talk. One, schools will write these big checks, but will the community continue to pay coach after he retires? I think not.
                                The second big problem is that Marshall is happy, Lynn is happy, and the kids are happy. Kellen spurned playing golf for SMU to come back and pass out water, wash jock straps and fetch coffee. They all love the school, the support and living in one of the safest cities in the US. Sure, who doesn't want an better conference, but if we can't, we will Gonzaga it.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X