The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    No surprise there, considering that you were scared half to death he was headed for Memphis.
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Yep. I wonder how close he came.
    I heard from a reliable source that it was this close...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
      Going off the title of this thread, I hope one day soon this need to listen to every offer will subside with coach Marshall. He knows this is a great job and he is no longer paid like a top fifty coach. The only fun I have is watching these talking heads nationally and locally(KWCH 12) when they report another job is better, only to eat crow when it isn't.
      Just going to point out that there has never been a confirmation of any school reaching out to Gregg this off season. Zero that I know of.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Exactly. Every time I see someone saying they wish 3G wasn't listening to offers, I wonder what makes them think he is.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          Exactly. Every time I see someone saying they wish 3G wasn't listening to offers, I wonder what makes them think he is.
          Cuz Jeff *******'s twitter said so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Cuz Jeff *******'s twitter said so.
            Did he confirm they were in conversations with Gregg or were they general tweets that Memphis/Vandy should go after him? I don't remember ever seeing anything with a confirmed report citing either a Memphis/Vandy official or a WSU official/Gregg Marshall confirming they had been contacted?
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              Did he confirm they were in conversations with Gregg or were they general tweets that Memphis/Vandy should go after him? I don't remember ever seeing anything with a confirmed report citing either a Memphis/Vandy official or a WSU official/Gregg Marshall confirming they had been contacted?
              I assume he just had diarrhea of the tweets.

Comment

• *******'s a tool that likes to read his own words.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  I assume he just had diarrhea of the tweets.
                  Tweetahhrea is a common ailment among sports media and the uneducated masses.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    The only comment Marshall officially made was to Jason King during the Vandy search. He said that "There was ZERO contact from Vandy, any rumor other wise is completely false"

There were no official comments from Marshall or Memphis during the Memphis search, though after the first weekend, nearly every "leak" said they didn't even contact Marshall because he was out of their league (paraphrasing there).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      I think it would demonstrate your "ultra-realism" take if you post Self's chances of winning another one during his remaining tenure.
                      I think Self's chances of winning another title at KU are probably 60-70%. Hard to say for sure. I could probably be convinced to go as low as 40% or as high as 80%.

What is your point?

Comment

• I've said from the beginning that the community leaders behind Marshall's latest and greatest contract are all VERY knowledgeable and successful businessmen that know how to negotiate a contract. It could very well be that there is a gentlemen's agreement in play that Marshall will not publicly entertain any offer for x number of years (probably to at least encompass Maggie graduating), but in order to not completely kill any future possibility of him leaving down the line he would not openly reject any overtures but just stay mum. Smart business on both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I think you're understating the distance by quite a bit, WStateU -- but maybe you don't have a graphic showing the distance between Wichita and Mars. I've heard that pin has remarkable vision capable of compressing great distances and making them look right there at arm's length.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                            I've said from the beginning that the community leaders behind Marshall's latest and greatest contract are all VERY knowledgeable and successful businessmen that know how to negotiate a contract. It could very well be that there is a gentlemen's agreement in play that Marshall will not publicly entertain any offer for x number of years (probably to at least encompass Maggie graduating), but in order to not completely kill any future possibility of him leaving down the line he would not openly reject any overtures but just stay mum. Smart business on both sides.
                            This statement is why the DARE program was installed for America's youth.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                              This statement is why the DARE program was installed for America's youth.
                              D.A.R.E. was just an elaborate fundraising scheme for Coach Marshall's under-the-table 2nd salary?

I feel like I was let on. I'm taking the sticker off my van post haste!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Guys! I just tracked a flight from Wichita to Orlando, Fl! That's where the Space Shuttle is!

Comment

Working...
                                X