Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    Just...whoa.

That's like buying your neighbor's kid's Chevy Cavalier for a hundred grand.
    Literally Marshall money for Tubby ...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      Is Lubbock where that steak place is that has the Ole '69er?
      Understanding Dyslexia for $500…

“The Old '96er”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Tubby isn't Gregg, but I'm not sure I understand all the laughter. Seems like a pretty good hire. What am I missing?

I mean, the guy just finished making Minnesota and Texas Tech competitive in their conferences. Minnesota and Texas Tech!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...memphis-tigers

My favorite part:

I like how they just arbitrarily decide this, spout about it on twitter, and then use an article with zero sources to back up their claim. I'd like to see the poll they used.
          I think it was this one:

Comment

• Originally posted by washedup View Post
            Texas Tech as a large population of hot chicks. Kind of like Oklahoma State.
            You should get out more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              Tubby isn't Gregg, but I'm not sure I understand all the laughter. Seems like a pretty good hire. What am I missing?

I mean, the guy just finished making Minnesota and Texas Tech competitive in their conferences. Minnesota and Texas Tech!
              I think it's just that they were obviously going "cheap" and ended up getting Tubby for about the same as Marshall. Good hire, bad price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                I think it's just that they were obviously going "cheap" and ended up getting Tubby for about the same as Marshall. Good hire, bad price.
                Why do you say they were obviously going cheap?

Comment

Tubby isn't Gregg, but I'm not sure I understand all the laughter. Seems like a pretty good hire. What am I missing?
                  Believe me, I know... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Why do you say they were obviously going cheap?
                    Just the reported sequence of events. They don't even attempt to make an offer to Marshall or Buzz because it's too much. Turn their sights on a coach making 1.8 mil. Make an offer, Tech counters with a mil increase and they end up giving him 1.3 million over his old salary. Seemed like a "save face" counter more than anything.

Granted "cheap" is a relative term here when talking multiple millions. They weren't going after Simmons or something.

Comment

• This is such SadNews.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Just the reported sequence of events. They don't even attempt to make an offer to Marshall or Buzz because it's too much. Turn their sights on a coach making 1.8 mil. Make an offer, Tech counters with a mil increase and they end up giving him 1.3 million over his old salary. Seemed like a "save face" counter more than anything.

Granted "cheap" is a relative term here when talking multiple millions. They weren't going after Simmons or something.
                        I have no idea why they did or didn't pursue Buzz. Regarding Marshall, I'm pretty sure he's the Ferrari of the group. Admitting that you don't have a Ferrari budget doesn't mean "going cheap" either. To be honest, if roles were reversed and Marshall was currently at Memphis and was happy there, I don't think WSU would have been able to have done any better.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Actually, the real life equivalent is an auction sale with two competing parties that care more about image and ego than they do market value.

Things are getting desperate out there.
                          Reminds me of an episode of Storage Wars where Darrell drops a **** locker on Dave when they're both trying to run the other one up.

Comment

I have no idea why they did or didn't pursue Buzz. Regarding Marshall, I'm pretty sure he's the Ferrari of the group. Admitting that you don't have a Ferrari budget doesn't mean "going cheap" either. To be honest, if roles were reversed and Marshall was currently at Memphis and was happy there, I don't think WSU would have been able to have done any better.
                            Ah. But would WSU fans have assumed we would hire Marshall away from Memphis 'cuz WSU'?

Tubby was/is a good coach. I don't think it's a good hire. They should have hired younger. This is a stop-gap at best, and an expensive one at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Ah. But would WSU fans have assumed we would hire Marshall away from Memphis 'cuz WSU'?

Tubby was/is a good coach. I don't think it's a good hire. They should have hired younger. This is a stop-gap at best, and an expensive one at that.
                              This is a trainwreck (fans reaction) that you can't look away from. Now its that Tubby was a calculated hire because Memphis has been told to expect to move to the Big 12 with an announcement coming in June. Tubby knows the big 12 teams, so it gets them a headstart. Then in a couple years they can use the Big 12 as leverage to get a really big Top 10 name.

That's an actual conversation going on ....

Comment

It was a very good hire. tubby is a winner and has won everywhere he's coached. And has a national championship on his resume. You ain't missing nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X