The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
    I'm curious, how did Memphis fans go from Marshall is their next head coach to now they know he's not their next head coach when no one has heard a peep from Memphis, WSU, or Marshall???? Maybe I missed something, I didn't read this full 48 page thread.
    From there board, the most common reason is that it wasn't money, but unreasonable demands by Marshall that the decision makers would not agree to. Yadayadayada.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Wow, Reaves = Josh Jackson
      not hardly, but I imagine he and HCGM have talked in the last day or two

Comment

• Reaves is apparently not worried. Sending in his letter tomorrow.

EDIT: He lives something like 100 miles from Memphis in NE AR, if some of you didn't know.
        Last edited by SHOCKvalue; April 12, 2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Reaves is apparently not worried. Sending in his letter tomorrow.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...e71426702.html
          Great, Pin (@pinstripers:) can let it go... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            There was never any doubt with this Memphis deal. Before long, we will hear Marshall say "they never even called me" like he did with Texas or "I will always listen if someone calls me, but it was only ever that."

Marshall will only go to Duke, North Carolina or Kentucky. Already turned down UCLA. Won't go to Kansas. It's as simple as that. And that's how good of a job WSU is..
            Duke isn't hiring outside of the Duke tree.

Marshall will be over 60 by the time Roy retires and there's little chance UNC goes after an older coach.

KU wouldn't ever hire Marshall after that hilarious "chickenhawk" line he said a few years ago. Plus Danny Manning or Turg is probably next in line for that anyway.

I'd get worried about these programs the most:

Louisville
            Indiana
            Florida
            Syracuse
            Clemson

I might get worried about:

Georgetown
            Maryland (If Turg leaves for KU in the next few years)
            UCONN (Probably won't open up any time soon)

I just don't see HCGM leaving unless it's a program with basketball history. That is, unless WSU refuses to leave the Valley (or it doesn't improve) and he gets tired of having to win 30 games a year to even get in the tournament.

Like many, I was never nervous about Memphis. It's not much of a step up from us outside of the conference and I highly doubt they can pay as much as we can.

Comment

• I will be worried when Cal leaves UK, or when Roy leaves UNC
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                East St Louis vs West Memphis. Be tough to call where I would most want to have car trouble.
                First thing you want to do is look for a sign that says

RIB
                TIPS

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  I will be worried when Cal leaves UK, or when Roy leaves UNC
                  let me reiterate: if you were bold enough to wear unc gear around marshall, circa winthrop years, you got bounced out of the place, poste haste. (whew.. thank god that schauss didn't hire yet another ku/unc guy!!!!)

marshall is about south carolina.
                  Last edited by another shocker; April 12, 2016, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

Marshall will be over 60 by the time Roy retires and there's little chance UNC goes after an older coach.

KU wouldn't ever hire Marshall after that hilarious "chickenhawk" line he said a few years ago. Plus Danny Manning or Turg is probably next in line for that anyway.

Louisville
                    Indiana
                    Florida
                    Syracuse
                    Clemson

Georgetown

I just don't see HCGM leaving unless it's a program with basketball history. That is, unless WSU refuses to leave the Valley (or it doesn't improve) and he gets tired of having to win 30 games a year to even get in the tournament.

Like many, I was never nervous about Memphis. It's not much of a step up from us outside of the conference and I highly doubt they can pay as much as we can.
                    I agree with this list minus UConn and Syracuse. Good programs but 3G doesn't strike me a northeast kinda guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      From there board, the most common reason is that it wasn't money, but unreasonable demands by Marshall that the decision makers would not agree to. Yadayadayada.
                      Yes, choosing the people who work for you is clearly unreasonable. Morons...
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                        Yes, choosing the people who work for you is clearly unreasonable. Morons...
                        Except they never REALLY talked to Marshall.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

Louisville
                          Indiana
                          Florida
                          Syracuse
                          Clemson

Georgetown

Arizona, Arkansas, and Oregon...

Look for Arkansas to dump Anderson next year...
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            let me reiterate: if you were bold enough to wear unc gear around marshall, circa winthrop years, you got bounced out of the place, poste haste. (whew.. thank god that schauss didn't hire yet another ku/unc guy!!!!)

marshall is about south carolina.
                            all the better. I'm worried about UK. That's all. Cal seems to like his job and from those I know who know him, he isn't really an NBA guy. I am secure.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                              Memphis State is a nice BB school, has quite a bit of local talent, and is in a better conference than the MoVal. Those are the strong points.
                              However it is full of mud rats living in the ghetto with a horrific crime rate. Keep the "WSU on steroids" in the mud hole. It was insulting to WSU and the Marshall family to think Memphis was seriously on the radar.

However....WSU needs to do something about the current MoVal. Either force Elfin to make it stronger or use whatever influence exists to get the hell out of the Valley.
                              The conference affiliation is the weak point of WSU.
                              At this point, I rather see Wichita state make even a lateral move just to stick it to Elgin... Show him that Wichita state is the MVC

Comment

• I just saw 11 teams listed, not including UK and KU. I think there might be 3-4 jobs 3.3G would leave for. Maybe less.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X