The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
    I think every Wichita reporter on Twitter (except for probably Paul and maybe Lutz) is LOVING all the attention this is bringing them. It's getting them views, retweets, and responses. Try not to fondle their ego and respond to these twits. I'm ashamed to admit I already failed, but don't make my mistake. Not worth it.

Sully and Lutz seem annoyed with it all like we are.
    Well, the Eagle is a Communist organization, so they're probably not too concerned about increasing traffic for the revenue.

;)
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• The Memphis twitterers have really got Paul S. going this afternoon, which is sort of like getting a bear out of hibernation in the dead of winter. He's collecting a nice pile of scalps currently.

You know when the most reserved Wichita media member is opening a can, then delta bravo levels have reached defcon 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        I dunno if Saben would move. We all know that Marshall would leave for the right situation, he has said that before. Hell he almost left for Bama and that is a long way from the perfect job.
        “I’m not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn’t be. Sleep well tonight.”
        - Gregg Marshall
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          And for any Memphis fans lurking, Suellentrop is the ONLY reporter you should listen to about WSU basketball. Very professional, and won't speculate for attention.
          Plus he is the actual beat writer who closely follows Wichita State athletics and actually has a real relationship with the WSU coaches and administrators. He really does not have to speculate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Well, this thread is going to dry up real quick then!
            Yeah, that would really be horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              A subset of irrational and neurotic Memphis fans are now attacking Paul for having the gall to post such a grounded tweet.

Starting to remind me of KU fans, without of course any valid reason to actually act like KU fans.
              Memphis does have a much superior football program to KU.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                Or he doesn't seem as bad cause we get Parsons and Kunkle
                No need to refer to both. Just refer to them as Punkle.

Comment

We all know that Marshall would leave for the right situation, he has said that before.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    No need to refer to both. Just refer to them as Punkle.
                    I see no reason why Sports Sunday shouldn't logically be renamed The Three Stooges. You'd need to come up with more contextual names though. How about Pimp, Dweeb, and Attention Whore?

Anybody else remember how professional that show was back in the day with Heartl, Kobbe, and Bartlett? My how it has fallen. Talent, production value, set, relevancy, viewership... and on and on.

Comment

• Parrish is now back pedaling and saying he would be "shocked if Marshall is the next coach at UofM"

Comment

• Do we have a canary in the coal mine? The Spring signing period starts Wednesday.

Comment

• L. Jason Smith
                          ‏@TheCAJasonSmith
                          Is Memphis a top 15 job, as @JasonKingBR believes? @tsnmike, @GoodmanESPN, @JonRothstein weigh in for us

Jason King ‏@JasonKingBR · 6h6 hours ago

Jason King Retweeted L. Jason Smith

Just went back & took a closer look, and 15 may have been a bit generous (off-the-cuff radio remark). I'd say 18-25

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            I see no reason why Sports Sunday shouldn't logically be renamed The Three Stooges. You'd need to come up with more contextual names though. How about Pimp, Dweeb, and Attention Whore?

Anybody else remember how professional that show was back in the day with Heartl, Kobbe, and Bartlett? My how it has fallen. Talent, production value, set, relevancy, viewership... and on and on.
                            Yes, good days with Heartl, Kobbe and Bartlett. Use to watch religiously even staying up past midnight on Sunday's when national programming made the show run late.

Comment

• Rich Hollenberg
                              ‏@RichOnSports
                              @PaulS:uellentrop I think only positive would be overall strength of conference, by current comparison. And local talent level.

Paul Suellentrop ‏@PaulS:uellentrop · 28m28 minutes ago

Paul Suellentrop Retweeted Rich Hollenberg

Those are two big ones.

Comment

L. Jason Smith
                                ‏@TheCAJasonSmith
                                Is Memphis a top 15 job, as @JasonKingBR believes? @tsnmike, @GoodmanESPN, @JonRothstein weigh in for us

Jason King ‏@JasonKingBR · 6h6 hours ago

Jason King Retweeted L. Jason Smith

Just went back & took a closer look, and 15 may have been a bit generous (off-the-cuff radio remark). I'd say 18-25
                                Jason King has always been a friend of the Shockers but his hard-on for Memphis has lowered my opinion of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X