Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
    Off 247 Bamaonline sports site FYI

* A final decision by Marshall as it relates to Alabama could be made as early as this weekend. Based on the potential for such a timeframe, the possibility is there for an announcement on Sunday and a press conference on Monday.

* Again, while not set in stone, our sources continue to believe that Alabama is in good shape to land its top target.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Texas makes sense but Bama would just leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      unfortunately Alabama is blocking N1UA (their jet) from being tracked
      That seems unsafe :)

Comment

• I'm hearing close to $4m/yr. That's "crazy".

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
          Off 247 Bamaonline sports site FYI

* A final decision by Marshall as it relates to Alabama could be made as early as this weekend. Based on the potential for such a timeframe, the possibility is there for an announcement on Sunday and a press conference on Monday.

* Again, while not set in stone, our sources continue to believe that Alabama is in good shape to land its top target.
          I find that hard to believe even if 3G was that interested in going to bama, which I hope he isn't. I feel like ADES would get some time to try and match. Or at least come close. I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

• How come we never hear about Self (or any other blue blood coach) being recruited after the season is over? Why is always our favorite coach? I really hope that all the "don't mess with happy talk" is for real. I hate going through this every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
              I'm hearing close to $4m/yr. That's "crazy".
              Half the money is coming from the Williams Fund.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• If Coach goes anywhere for 3-5 million, I'll just remember how happy I would be to be wanted that badly. You absolutely cant blame someone for leaving to make 2 million more every year. That's incredible, and he deserves it. Good grief... What an incredible position he is in. Can you imagine 5 suitors calling you incessantly for weeks telling you how many millions they will put in your bank the moment you say the word? He's living the dream, and WSU got to be part of his story. If he stays, great. If he leaves, we are still honored we got to enjoy the ride with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  I'll believe it when I see it. Texas makes sense but Bama would just leave a very bad taste in my mouth.
                  I'll admit that if HCGM takes the job in Alabama I will feel that it will have nothing to do with not wanting to rebuilding a program (it will), nothing to do with being that special job (it isn't), but just "show me the money".

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    I'll admit that if HCGM takes the job in Alabama I will feel that it will have nothing to do with not wanting to rebuilding a program (it will), nothing to do with being that special job (it isn't), but just "show me the money".
                    Coaching in the SEC is something WSU can't offer.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      I was told this week by some guys I trust that Sexton can raise the money so that if he does leave - it won't be because WSU won't pay him market value. It will be because he wants to leave for other reason.

The other things isn't the Alabama AD in his mid-70's? Seems kind of risky going to someplace where your boss is not going to be around much longer. He can promise you the world, but the new guy might or might not honor that.

Lets remember that Roy Williams was going to stay at KU until he retired, then they hired an AD that Huckleberry Hound didn't get along with and their feuding became public and he bolted at the next opportunity to NC.

Comment

• Alabama AD Bill Battle was born in 1941.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I read on one of the Alabama forums that their Jet took off about 3 hours ago.

Comment

• The Missouri message board also had "good sources" that they were going to land Gregg. "Good chance" probably equates to him listening. Way too early to tell at this point.

I still doubt Alabama is a landing spot for Gregg.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              I was told this week by some guys I trust that Sexton can raise the money so that if he does leave - it won't be because WSU won't pay him market value. It will be because he wants to leave for other reason.
                              That makes me feel better.

If, for some reason, he does decide to move on, hopefully that $$$ is available to bring in a worthy replacement.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
                                The Missouri message board also had "good sources" that they were going to land Gregg. "Good chance" probably equates to him listening. Way too early to tell at this point.

I still doubt Alabama is a landing spot for Gregg.
                                This is what their previous coach (Winfrey Sanderson - when Alabama was a good program) had to say about next year at Alabama

Whoever coaches Ala next season is going to have a difficult job. He said its going to be a "booger bear" trying to win with the team we will have back next season. It wont be as bad as Auburn this year, but its going to be difficult to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X