The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Remember'70 View Post
    Who the hell do these guys think they are?

“I said (to the unnamed Midwest coach), ‘Give me your reaction to the following — Vanderbilt,’” Fogler recalled. “(The coach’s) answer was, ‘Well, I need to know more.’ As soon as he told me that he needed to know more, I knew it wasn’t the guy for the job.”

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...irst/82750960/
    Wow, if only Bill Self would have not been so coy he could have been the head coach of Vandy.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• It does mention that they never spoke to Marshall. I think they understood that wasn't going to happen.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        It does mention that they never spoke to Marshall. I think they understood that wasn't going to happen.
        I thought they meant Daytons coach
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
          Wow, if only Bill Self would have not been so coy he could have been the head coach of Vandy.
          Hahahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            I have always thought that Coach Marshall would give serious consideration to an ACC team in the south.

"Once a southern boy, always a southern boy." Particularly, the deep south. Folks, who were not born and raised in the south, might not understand or agree to this notion.
            I don't necessarily disagree with you, however, NC State and Wake Forest both fit this category and both were passed on.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

“I said (to the unnamed Midwest coach), ‘Give me your reaction to the following — Vanderbilt,’” Fogler recalled. “(The coach’s) answer was, ‘Well, I need to know more.’ As soon as he told me that he needed to know more, I knew it wasn’t the guy for the job.”

So says the guy who left Vanderbilt to go to South Carolina, a school who still hasn't been to a S16 in over 40 years. What a dill weed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                I don't necessarily disagree with you, however, NC State and Wake Forest both fit this category and both were passed on.
                If you ask NC State fans, they will say they could've had Gregg if their athletic director had offered him more and I don't necessarily think they're wrong. It was before Gregg had really established himself here and NC State wasn't a complete rebuilding job. Who knows what would have happened if they had pulled a Bama.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Is Villanova elite?
                  I don't believe HCGM would have any interest either.

They may not be "elite", but they're close to it or, in other words, among the top of the rest. Their run to the championship has them close to being in the top ten in winning percentage all time. They're also a hot team lately under Wright having gone to the Dance 11 of the last 12 years with a Championship, an F4, an E8, and two S16.

Comment

• Jeff ******* is saying Marshall is a candidate for Memphis job
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                      Jeff ******* is saying Marshall is a candidate for Memphis job
                      If he wants a demotion.

Comment

What's with the Tennessee obsession?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• College basketball talk mentioned Gregg Marshall among others for Memphis.... Wtf Memphis... Really?? No way

Comment

Marty Simmons?

Comment

• Ok I'm not crazy right? Memphis would be a mostly lateral move right? And a program that would need major rebuilding?

Comment

WTF?? When did Boatright get the nads to fire Coach Marshall????!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X