No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A source close to me said iowa state wants Marshall and #HeGone. :)

It's a done deal. He's just waiting till we land Humphries here, creating a perfect dream roster to make a run at a title, before he makes the announcement.

Comment

• Tell your /source/ #Theywish lol

Comment

• And here come the "sources".

CycloneInsiders @CycloneInsiders
        BREAKING: per source, Iowa State contacted Gregg Marshall and is setting up an Interview with the Wichita State coach.
        I guess asking him who he would recommend they hire as their next coach could count as an interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          And here come the "sources".

I guess asking him who he would recommend they hire as their next coach could count as an interview.
          I hope they bring about 5 million in cash or else they are wasting their time. If it's really true, I look forward to this thread gaining some more traction.

Comment

• Ha good one. HCGM would never reside in Iowa
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• He could always ask Greg McDermott what he thinks to get a second opinion.

Comment

• Hmmm...nah
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  A source close to me said iowa state wants Marshall and #HeGone. :)

It's a done deal...
                  What are the odds this post is the "source" used by this CycloneInsider character?

Comment

• Wouldn't surprise me. They said he's a troll and makes stuff up, so may not have gotten it anywhere.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

Interesting article about Texas. Sounds like things are a train wreck down there.

I'm putting it in this thread because the topic of Marshall to Texas came up and people mentioned that Marshall and Patterson wouldn't get along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        http://www.scout.com/college/texas/s...on-facing-heat

Interesting article about Texas. Sounds like things are a train wreck down there.

I'm putting it in this thread because the topic of Marshall to Texas came up and people mentioned that Marshall and Patterson wouldn't get along.
                        In the grand scheme of fundraising for Texas, I wonder how much those 50 year alums have paid in their lifetime to the University of Texas and the UT Athletic Department? I wonder how many of those 50 year alums who were asked to pay $25 for field access will now remove UT from their planned giving?

Talk about a guy focusing on the sapling when he's in a forest of Redwoods.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• If Shaka Smart gets burned and washes out like Anthony Grant did at Alabama, it's going to be interesting. These are good coaches here. They got their jobs because they are already proven winners. To me, watching great coaches fizzle at football schools that can't get their stuff together is more a testament to the school than the coach. Call it a "bad fit" and all, but why was it a bad fit? That's the interesting part. There's always this assumption that "the coach wasn't a good fit for the school" instead of the other way around....

Meanwhile, guys like Marshall, Few, even Jacobsen, start looking like enviable geniuses and they may just change the way jobs are looked at as more coaches start imitating what they chose to do instead of following the typical "big money always wins" thing.

Comment

• Patterson has told all of his non-revenue coaches they have to "come up with ways to make your programs profitable." That has included Patterson telling coaches to cultivate/develop donors connected to their sports to help cover costs.
                            How delusional can this guy be?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              How delusional can this guy be?
                              Yeah, I would think that the coaches would certainly be involved in cultivating those relationships, but to entirely pin it on them is totally ridiculous. That's why you have development staff.

As I have said before, I almost wish we could see an alternate reality in which Gregg went to Texas and absolutely blistered Patterson the first time Patterson suggested that they cut stuff from the basketball budget, like taking a regional jet instead of an all-first-class-seating jet, or when the fans showed up in weak force for an important basketball game.
                              Last edited by WuShock16; June 20, 2015, 09:38 AM.
                              78-65

Comment

• Weren't there a large number of Texas alums that ran off Dodds? I guess you should be careful what you ask for.
                                No way this guy can last at Texas at the rate he is making enemies. I'm sure there are many fans on this "fine" forum that would much rather have an AD like Patterson at WSU than Sexton.
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X