The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Coach View Post
    Lots of contract t's to cross and i's to dot.

I don't think anyone will ever, ever talk about the real money part of this deal, though.

I would say, however, that this looks for all the world like a community support commitment unprecedented in college sports.

Ever.

To the extent that it will elevate the Wichita State profile into ad hoc P5 status. People around the country who know all the details of this deal are going to view it as a game-changer.
    I literally just wet myself.
    Professional gas passer.

Comment

I don't think anyone will ever, ever talk about the real money part of this deal, though.

I would say, however, that this looks for all the world like a community support commitment unprecedented in college sports.

Ever.

To the extent that it will elevate the Wichita State profile into ad hoc P5 status. People around the country who know all the details of this deal are going to view it as a game-changer.
      I've heard the same thing hence my comments "paradigm shift" and football money isn't everything.

Comment

Ever.

Is it a game-changer in a sense that we're a first-mover with a unique contract idea that will inevitably be copied at higher levels? Or, game-changing in a sense that we're in a unique situation that can't really be cloned? Or is it neither here nor there, you just mean game-changer because no one thought a non P5 could step up to the plate like this?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          I've heard the same thing hence my comments "paradigm shift" and football money isn't everything.
          I agree.

We are still incredulous down here about what we're hearing.

But it keeps coming up.

My parents talked to me about how cool it was to live through the surprise of the 1964-65 seasons, and analogize it to this run.

But what if it all becomes commonplace?

And it couldn't happen to a better guy. I don't know Marshall well at all, but I've talked with him and I am an unabashed fan of anyone as genuine as he is. Besides, he's a dog nut like I am. My 88-year-old mom, who coaches the Shocker games from her recliner, wants to meet him desperately. I gotta make that happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
            Is it a game-changer in a sense that we're a first-mover with a unique contract idea that will inevitably be copied at higher levels? Or, game-changing in a sense that we're in a unique situation that can't really be cloned? Or is it neither here nor there, you just mean game-changer because no one thought a non P5 could step up to the plate like this?
            This could be duplicated, but I doubt it. What I'm sure of is the statement it makes: Wichita State is in this thing to win nattys.

And it fits - perfectly - with John Bardo's vision to think big and go after it.

Comment

This could be duplicated, but I doubt it. What I'm sure of is the statement it makes: Wichita State is in this thing to win nattys.

And it fits - perfectly - with John Bardo's vision to think big and go after it.
              Sure do like the sound of that

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                Didn't see any good place for this, but my son received a full ride to KU. We are halfway through his official visit, and damn am I glad to be a Shocker. I asked Nick what he thought so far, "shitload of unfounded arrogance." Damn I love this kid!
                You trained him well.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                  Sure do like the sound of that
                  Think about this. The university estimates it received $571 million in market-value advertising for free during the Final Four run. In reality, Triple G is the marketing king of Wichita State.

Or as Charles Koch likes to say, he's "creating value" for Wichita State.

No one should be surprised Charles is involved. I spent seven months up there a couple of years ago, and his involvement is entirely consistent with his business and community philosophies. Mr. Koch is a big believer in quality of life enhancing business opportunities.

Comment

• Does anyone else feel like a kid on Christmas morning with this stuff?

Comment

• I do appreciate @The Coach: sharing these insights, and I do believe that they are straight up facts.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Based on what I've been told, I'm sure Gregg and Lynn Marshall do.

I couldn't be happier for them. This community has a serious inferiority complex, and they are the agents of change for that with their basketball program and community work.

It's one hell of a deal if the reports are correct. But they deserve it.
                        Last edited by The Coach; April 3, 2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Think about this. The university estimates it received $571 million in market-value advertising for free during the Final Four run. In reality, Triple G is the marketing king of Wichita State.

No one should be surprised Charles is involved. I spent seven months up there a couple of years ago, and his involvement is entirely consistent with his business and community philosophies. Mr. Koch is a big believer in quality of life enhancing business opportunities.
                          I believe that the Kochs have said "what is good for Wichita State is good for Koch Industries."
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

To be blunt, I expect Gregg Marshall to finish his career, and life, in Wichita.

Can't really elaborate, but this deal is absolutely incredible.
                            Originally posted by The Coach View Post

Ever.

Based on what I've been told, I'm sure Gregg and Lynn Marshall do.

I couldn't be happier for them. This community has a serious inferiority complex, and they are the agents of change for that with their basketball program and community work.

It's one hell of a deal. But they deserve it.
                            I'm about ready to crown @The Coach: ShockerNet Poster of the Year!! :)
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              I'm about ready to crown @The Coach ShockerNet Poster of the Year!! :)
                              I can't even think of a close second! (No offense to anyone else)

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                                I literally just wet myself.
                                I hear a teaspoon of honey just before bedtime is supposed to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X