No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think this might have played a part? Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
      Now I really want the VCU boosters to bring it and Shaka to tell Texas to go pound sand. Eff the P5!
      Mark Adams ‏@EnthusiAdams 9m9 minutes ago Shaka once told me growing up w/o Dad and college coach became father figure. Coach left for new job devastated him. That's why he stays.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        The talk over on MVCFans was for a million per year Jake. But your point is valid.
        Ha. I'm dumb. I just looked at the article I found again, it was from a few years ago, was the previous raise that Jacobson received, not the latest one from this week.

Comment

• Paul Finebaum from ESPN said no one's laughing @ Alabama yesterday.....

But he's wrong. I'm not only laughing at him, I'm also laughing at Al.com, ESPN and the SEC Network.

Hey, you don't think Paul said that because he works for ESPN and they have an interest in the SEC Network, do you......ROFLMAO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            You couldn't have stretched what Doc was saying or the reality of the situation any further. Discussing the possibilities made complete sense. Making demeaning comments about Marshall, and how selfish, and arrogant, and, and, and... it was that type of crap that Doc was talking about, and that type of crap that you and many others should be embarrassed about. Unfortunately, you don't have the common sense to realize it.

Go away.
            Go find a quote from me where I said anything other than HCGM needed to make the decision sooner than later for the good of the program....which he did. You must be still pissed at me because I told you the B12 was overrated and would be lucky to get 1 team to the S16.....they got two....So take your useless basketball power numbers and get off my nuts...I didn't stretch anything, the hack doc and yourself did.

Comment

• Here's a rundown on valley coaches salaries. According to this article, Jacobsen actually makes 600K (perhaps that includes incentives).

Note that the program that can't afford uni's pays its coach $262,000 and we now know why Marty Simmons likes buffets - he only makes $200K per year.......

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                Go find a quote from me where I said anything other than HCGM needed to make the decision sooner than later for the good of the program....which he did. You must be still pissed at me because I told you the B12 was overrated and would be lucky to get 1 team to the S16.....they got two....So take your useless basketball power numbers and get off my nuts...I didn't stretch anything, the hack doc and yourself did.
                Jamar's tilting at windmills again. He must have been Don Quixote in a prior lifetime.

Comment

Ha. I'm dumb. .
                  Finally, you type something accurate....Nice job Im proud of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                    Paul Finebaum from ESPN said no one's laughing @ Alabama yesterday.....

But he's wrong. I'm not only laughing at him, I'm also laughing at Al.com, ESPN and the SEC Network.

Hey, you don't think Paul said that because he works for ESPN and they have an interest in the SEC Network, do you......ROFLMAO.
                    No one was laughing yesterday... yesterday, everyone was going wut????? except @TheCoach... :yahoo:

Today, we are taking deep breaths and sayings prayers of GGGratitude....
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Let's put this 3.3 million in perspective.

Ben Jacobson just received a new 10 year deal at UNI for a mere $450k per year! It increases each year by... wait for it... $25k per year! LOL

I couldn't find a complete list of MVC coaches salaries, but am I right to assume that Marshall now makes more than the rest of the league, combined, including head coaches, and assistants?

Wow. Wow. Wow!
                      Well, well, well, the king of facts and figures is wrong again. Look at the Des Moines Register article I linked to (above):

"What's the going rate for a Missouri Valley Conference men's basketball coach?

Northern Iowa officials confirmed Tuesday night that Ben Jacobson has agreed to a new 10-year deal, but details won't be revealed until later this week.

Under his current contract, Jacobson's annual salary was roughly $600,000. And a hefty pay raise seems likely"

And just to make sure you got the point, read this:
                      Men's basketball coach Ben Jacobson doesn't appear to be going anywhere after agreeing Tuesday to a 10-year contact extension with the school.

"Jacobson last signed an extension in 2013, also for 10 years, that paid him $525,000 annually.

With annual raises of $25,000, the previous deal was pushing Jacobson close to $600,000 a year."

So why don't you do what you say, Jamar, and apologize to the board for posting incorrect information.

Comment

I needed to get those several posts out. I am absolutely sickened by the behavior of some, especially those with the gall to attack those that called them out on their behavior now that it has been exposed. I'll drop it now as long as those goobers do the same.

Go Shox.
                        Your going post an over reactionary post like you did to me and now drop it.....ok I glad you got them out, hope you feel better....

Comment

• Folks, enough of this petty back and forth. Please stop or timeouts will be issued.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I love how a lot of the comments on various boards twitter STILL infer that WSU "cant afford" this contract. They just can't understand that people .. very rich people .. live in Wichita and care about WSU and WSU basketball.

Comment

• I think we just need to wrap this up with a little bow and say that many of us were stressed, overheated the last few days. We were reacting to partial information, mis-information and a lack of transparency.

When something lacks transparency the ole' grapevine and gossip mill kick in.

At the end of the day, we're all shocker fans, but it has been pretty hard to see it the last couple of days, what with all the AlaBammie's infiltrating the board and stressed out fans calling each other out.

I'm going to quit looking, at least until noon (when I start my vacation) so I can get caught up on my work.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                                Folks, enough of this petty back and forth. Please stop or timeouts will be issued.
                                I agree.

Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?

Comment

Working...
                                X