No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cans, spare organs, bodily fluids - get enough of us on board and we may have something. Hold on Sexton, SN to the rescue again - we've got your annuity funded.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      I'm thinking about selling a kidney.
      I will see your kidney and raise you a left testicle.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        I will see your kidney and raise you a left testicle.
        Mine is swollen...will it bring in more? Did I just type that out laud? I better start drinking again.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/davideknox interesting
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• About Texas. I don't get all the thought that Marshall would go there in a heartbeat if Texas called. There's a lot that's happened to make that unlikely.

#1 And this being #1 is huge, because # 2 is probably a deal-breaker. The Texas AD told Barnes to fire an assistant. Can you imagine Marshall working for anyone who could consider having control over Marshall's staff?

#2. Shaka Smart was the #1 choice. Marshall doesn't like being #2. There's some history with Marshall and Smart. It probably goes beyond Smart accusing Marshall of paying Carl Hall, but that's probably enough to create a "problem". Being #2 to Shaka Smart is probably a deal-breaker.

I'm less concerned about a coaching change this year than several of the years in the past.

I don't think Gregg is going to make Maggie change schools.

Next year's Fr/So class looks pretty salty and they look like players who will buy in.

I'll bet there's one heck of an attachment between Marshall and Morris after what they went through and then Morris came around.

It seems that every year Marshall stays, the timing for his leaving just gets worse, and it's not because his teams are about to fall off the national radar.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Call it wishful thinking...

but I bet we hear he stays tomorrow or Thursday.
              **FEAR THE WHEAT**

Comment

• Here is my current theory:

I think that Marshall has already said no to Alabama. I think that Texas is off the table because of how the AD has handled the situation.

Alabama fans are claiming that he hasn't said no, but the absence of an announcement is no proof of that. Alabama is certainly not going to announce they were turned down (although if the reports that they are going after Pitino are true, it is as good as an announcement).

So, assuming my initial stance on Alabama and Texas, why hasn't Marshall announced he is staying yet?

I think that Marshall knows that he isn't taking any of the currently available jobs, but he also knows that Calipari to the NBA is still sitting out there as a possibility. That is a potential domino that will have to be resolved before he makes a firm statement about staying.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                  There is no way to put lipstick on that pig.
                  Pretty easy to, actually. For one thing, our average in the 90s would still be near the top of the Valley this year... Actually second I believe, behind us. If I remember right, the worst year of attendance would still have WSU in the top five.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                    Here is my current theory:

I think that Marshall has already said no to Alabama. I think that Texas is off the table because of how the AD has handled the situation.

Alabama fans are claiming that he hasn't said no, but the absence of an announcement is no proof of that. Alabama is certainly not going to announce they were turned down (although if the reports that they are going after Pitino are true, it is as good as an announcement).

So, assuming my initial stance on Alabama and Texas, why hasn't Marshall announced he is staying yet?

I think that Marshall knows that he isn't taking any of the currently available jobs, but he also knows that Calipari to the NBA is still sitting out there as a possibility. That is a potential domino that will have to be resolved before he makes a firm statement about staying.
                    I dont think he is saying anything because he doesn't have to.

None of this stuff is supposed to be official or public in the first place.

I guess he could say he is staying, but that would make Bama look bad. Its better to just be quiet and let everything come out after coaches are all hired.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I doubt Marshall will announce he's staying. WSU will announce a contract extension.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                        Here is my current theory:

There would be word that he officially turned it down. Just my opinion. Having this over his head cannot help anything. Things are still up in the air, he would take his name out of the running, or leak something that says they are working on an extension. There are about 20 ways that he could strongly hint that he is staying, get people off his back, and continue his current job of coaching WSU.

Not saying he is leaving, but at the very least it is up in the air.

Comment

• I don't think he has to announce that he is turning down any offer publicly, but I do feel if he is staying he should eventually mention something just for the sake of recruiting. Maybe WSU is working on a package to extend him and he is holding off.

Comment

• He needs to end this.

Comment

• I didn't see this posted. Pulled it off al.com, buried behind about 50 stories about Alabama and Auburn footbal.

Gregg Marshall's friend and former coach offers Alabama advice on how to land top target

But what about the silence since the Monday meeting? Is it a good sign?

"Yeah," Greenberg said. "I would think if he hasn't said no, his family is probably in discussions. There's still a Texas job open out there and I'm not sure what they've done with Gregg."

Greenberg had one question, though.

"Will people show up each and every night to create the home court you need, not just the home court you need against Kentucky."
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                He needs to end this.
                                No, we all just neef to get a life.. :-)
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X