RIP to a Shocker Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP to a Shocker Fan

Tommy Holzman passed away Saturday morning. Tommy was well known and very well liked in the Wichita sports community. He was a former long-time sports producer at KSN and media relations coordinator for years at the Wichita Open/Air Capital Classic golf tournament. He loved sports. And as a life long Wichitan, he loved the Shockers. Today's game would have been huge for Tommy. I still think it will be.

Prayers out to Tommy and his family.

Comment

Prayers to you and his family, I'm sure he's got a great view of the game today.
      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Tommy was one of the best people I have ever known. We had a 25 year friendship I will always covet. I first met Tommy in 1990 during the first Ben Hogan event at Reflection Ridge. I was a part of the three-member media relations committee with Mike Kennedy and Mark Allan. Both Mike and Mark stepped down from the committee to get more involved in covering the tournament and so I asked Tommy to join me as co-media coordinators. He jumped at the invitation, which was the best move I have ever made. He has been an unbelievable asset since. As great of a contributor to our coordination of media activities over the last 25 years, it pales in comparison to the human being he was. I will miss him to no end, and I know I speak for all Tommy's friends out there in saying "it won't be the same without you pal."

Comment

Win one for Tommy
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

His name sounds familiar - does anyone have a picture?

Comment

Rest in peace.
              Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
              Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Is this the Tom Holzman who attended Kapaun?
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                  His name sounds familiar - does anyone have a picture?
                  Tommy wasn't found of pics, but his behind the scenes work was legendary to all he worked with in media circles.

Comment

Somewhere our friend Tommy has a big ole grin on his face.

Comment

Wish he could have seen this
                      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                        Wish he could have seen this
                        Trust me, he did!!!

Comment

Angels gave a little help today :)

Comment

Working...
                          X