Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Prepping and Anxieties!!!

Game Prep:
    AZ Shocker will have a house full with family and friends tomorrow!!!
    Clothed in Shocker gear - check
    Brats - check
    Burgers - check
    Beer - check
    Making a ruckos scaring the neighbors - check
    Cops being called to house - hopefully not

Anxieties:
    Against good teams this year...the opposition has been successful in taking Ron Baker out of the game (offensively). Yesterday Fred was a complete stud and put the Shockers on his back. The 11 points from Brown came in handy. Darius played decently strong as well. Then you get the ridiculous amount of hustle from Cotton and Evan doing things most basketball players don't do.

Tomorrow...the kansas defense will be light years ahead of Indiana's. The angle's for Fred won't come quite as easy. Ron will be strapped once again offensively but he will defend like nobody's business. It would be nice for Evan to hit a couple 3 pointers in addition to all his intangible's and hustle. I would be surprised to see Brown have a similar game as he did against Indiana. But sure hoping for it!

I get this feeling ShaQ is gonna have his best game of the season tomorrow!
    I also get this feeling Cotton is gonna be the x factor driving to the hoop breaking down ku's defense.
    I also get this feeling this game will go to overtime!!!!

Thoughts......
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

We have played great in 2nd round errrrr 3rd round games the past 2 years...

Tomorrow will be another classic, I think. Hopefully we come out on top.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Can't go to overtime when you're ahead 66-65 at 0:00
      Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Will have Shocker fans ranging from 90 to 1. Going the sloppy Joe route. Hoping all the screaming doesn't scare either the 1 year old or the 90 year olds.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

*I moved the framed Eagle newspaper from March 21, 1981 and the photo of "the shot" from the Shocker Shrine Room to the TV room, just for an extra measure of mojo.
          *Only Shocker fans allowed. All others can go next door to the Hen House.
          *I might break out the "Jayhawk Nation on Probation" t-shirt once the game is in hand. It is 100% cotton but it hasn't shrunk.

Comment

Starting early and probably just watching the second half of the '81' game, that should have the juices going.

Comment

Working...
            X