Omaha Tidbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omaha Tidbits

Staying in same hotel as Indiana team and overheard their radio guys say they have never seen anything like Fred Van Fleet.
    Last edited by KBShocker; March 20, 2015, 10:26 PM.

agreed

my, my, my.. all of the sudden fvv looks like the best pg in the country (as he was ranked preseason).

Comment

Gonna love this one. A local station here did a setup inside the entrance with Ali Farokhmanesh and KU fans. They would stop KU fans and ask them general questions like how long they followed the team and how serious of fans they were, etc and then they would hand the microphone to Ali to ask some questions to see if anybody reacted to him. Not a single one of them knew they were talking to the shooter that ended their season. Of course we with Shocker Nation knew who he was, so we took our picture with him.
      Last edited by KBShocker; March 20, 2015, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker View Post
        Gonna love this one. A local station here did a setup inside the entrance with Ali Farokhmanesh and KU fans. They would stop KU fans and ask them general questions like how long they followed the team an how serious of fans they were, etc and then they would hand the microphone to Ali to ask some questions to see if anybody reacted to him. Not a single one of them knew they were talking to the shooter that ended their season. Of course we with Shocker Nation knew who he was, so we took our picture with him.
        That summarizes the actual intellectual and emotional investment of the average KU fan to a tee (shirt).

Comment

Staying in same hotel as Indiana team and overheard their radio guys say they have never seen anything like Fred Van Fleet.
          We can all say that and we've seen him play for 3 plus years now. He is a very special player. I was born in '83 and listened to my dad talk about the glory years (season ticket holder since '79 I think). I would just look up at him in amazement wondering what that experience was like. I'm just so happy that one day I'll be talking to my kids about how I saw FVV play the way my dad talks about Carr or X.
          I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
          If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Gonna love this one. A local station here did a setup inside the entrance with Ali Farokhmanesh and KU fans. They would stop KU fans and ask them general questions like how long they followed the team and how serious of fans they were, etc and then they would hand the microphone to Ali to ask some questions to see if anybody reacted to him. Not a single one of them knew they were talking to the shooter that ended their season. Of course we with Shocker Nation knew who he was, so we took our picture with him.
            That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.... and confirming our suspicions on the KU fanbase.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Omaha world herald has the link up with the video.

Comment

That is A+ trolling by Farokhmanesh, kudos to him.

Comment

The link. Funny.

Comment

Ali F is my new hero

Comment

You can see some of the Shocker fans recognizing him. They have that "hey, isn't that Farokhmanesh?" look on their faces.

Comment

Have to give the KU fans credit. They were classy in those interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Have to give the KU fans credit. They were classy in those interviews.
                          Not saying the KU fans you saw shouldn't get credit, but Ali and/or the local station made the cuts of who you saw.

Comment

Working...
                          X