Those of us stuck in ICT on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those of us stuck in ICT on Sunday

Where are we gonna burn it down?!?!? I wanna be with the loud fans!
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

For those that didn't hear, apparently the IBA watch party was cancelled by the NCAA because stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
      For those that didn't hear, apparently the IBA watch party was cancelled by the NCAA because stupid.

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/...-game/31856314
      Also because IBA isn't going to shut down concession sales.

Comment

Name a bar... any bar!!!
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Fox and Hound used to be the place, I watched the Evansville game there and my dad told me with the alumni change over it wasn't the same. When we were in the final 4 the shots of Larry Buds looked hopping...
          I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
          If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
            Fox and Hound used to be the place, I watched the Evansville game there and my dad told me with the alumni change over it wasn't the same. When we were in the final 4 the shots of Larry Buds looked hopping...
            Side pockets on the west side always has room... Twin peaks gets packed fast... Larry buds as someone mentioned ain't bad

Comment

KWCH did a story on former players being at Larry Bud's for today's game - they talked to some players - http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/...r-win/31934016 - and said some players were planning on returning on Sunday. Sounded like the place was packed though.

Comment

Larry Bud's was a hoppin' place today. Henry Carr and Gary Cundiff were both there. Lots of fun!
                78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  Larry Bud's was a hoppin' place today. Henry Carr and Gary Cundiff were both there. Lots of fun!
                  east?

Comment

Fox and Hound was actually pretty crazy today
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

KAKE had a story on how the local bars and restaurants will get a boost on Sunday and how places will be packed and a pizza place by WSU will be revving up for a lot of business. Kind of reminded me in a way of how things are for big games like the Super Bowl. Would be cool if they would open up Koch and let people go there to watch the game, but I imagine there may be some sort of NCAA restriction on that somehow knowing the NCAA. I'm kind of surprised one of the Warren Theaters isn't showing the game, but once again, probably a NCAA thing too like with IBA.

Comment

You can't make money off of the NCAA, but the NCAA can sure make money off of their amateur athletes.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                          east?
                          Yes. 21st-Woodlawn.
                          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
                            KAKE had a story on how the local bars and restaurants will get a boost on Sunday and how places will be packed and a pizza place by WSU will be revving up for a lot of business. Kind of reminded me in a way of how things are for big games like the Super Bowl. Would be cool if they would open up Koch and let people go there to watch the game, but I imagine there may be some sort of NCAA restriction on that somehow knowing the NCAA. I'm kind of surprised one of the Warren Theaters isn't showing the game, but once again, probably a NCAA thing too like with IBA.
                            Yeah it sounds like the rule is you can't charge admission and you can't sell concessions. Since IBA has no incentive to open their doors for free without getting money from concessions, they nixed that party. I don't see any reason Koch couldn't do it as long as they had a commercial cable subscription (or whatever license is required to show games publicly).

I'm sure restaurants and bars pay extra money to have the right to sell food while they show games, but the way the rules are broadly written it seems like restaurants and bars also shouldn't be allowed to show games. So it's incredibly lame that the NCAA shut down the IBA watch party.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                              Yeah it sounds like the rule is you can't charge admission and you can't sell concessions. Since IBA has no incentive to open their doors for free without getting money from concessions, they nixed that party. I don't see any reason Koch couldn't do it as long as they had a commercial cable subscription (or whatever license is required to show games publicly).

I'm sure restaurants and bars pay extra money to have the right to sell food while they show games, but the way the rules are broadly written it seems like restaurants and bars also shouldn't be allowed to show games. So it's incredibly lame that the NCAA shut down the IBA watch party.
                              I think the key is that bars/restaurants are eopen for business to all comers, not just the basketball game. At IBA or CKA, it would be solely for the basketball game.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                              X