WSU VERSUS KU PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tw805 View Post
    I predict that win or lose, KU fans will be huge pricks.
    Give me 1 to 10,000 odds and I still make that bet

Comment

Man, listening to KC radio, they are painting GM in a very bad light; always talking crap about KU not scheduling WSU. Perception is reality folks and in the court of public opinion of NE Kansans, GM is getting the death penalty. Go to phog.net and read their threads about us, the big brother syndrome is strong with those fans.

Predictions: If we play like today on Sunday, get into foul trouble and can't shoot from the perimeter, we lose by 15+ and then have to wait for a week until Shockernet's server is back up and running due to the influx of KU fans talking $hit and crashing the server.

It's no secret that we have problems against tall, athletic teams but we've been able to hang with Kentucky, Louisville, and Utah of late so I'm hoping the same here, but we're going to have to make shots and never let KU get out to a big lead. Once KU starts to spread the margin, they turn into a different monster and it's all but over when that happens. If we can only win by 5 against IU's porous defense, can we expect a win against KU's much stronger D?

However, I can fully see this game being Ohio State all over again. Get out to a 20 point margin and hang on for the win. We've got all K-State and Missouri fans on our back, hell, I'm betting practically all of America will be supporting the boyz from Wichita. Other than Perry, none of the KU roster is from Kansas and doesn't understand the WSU/KU dynamic and probably doesn't care. That can be our advantage.

This is literally a David and Goliath match-up. Gosh damn how I would love David to pull it out here.

Comment

Originally posted by wichita View Post
        Win this game & then have Marshal call Bill Self to restart series!
        Then we make up the 13-2 or is it 12-2 series deficit then refuse to play KU..... :>)
        Win this game & when Bill Self comes calling, tell him it won't benefit our program to play them.

Comment

My prediction ....

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We won a tough game today and Fred was the star. Z Brown had a terrific game and Darius showed he's tougher than nails.

I've been waiting for Sunday's matchup for a long, long time. Most of my close friends graduated from KU while I worked at Boeing at hit the books at WSU part time. Can't believe it's finally going to happen again.
            Here's to a great game and may the best team from Kansas win, Wichita State of course!

Go Shox!

Comment

So do you remember that time when we only made two 3-point baskets in a tournament game? Yeah? Remember what happened next? That's Right!!!

In case you don't remember: http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330800221
              LL&P _\\//

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                Man, listening to KC radio, they are painting GM in a very bad light; always talking crap about KU not scheduling WSU. Perception is reality folks and in the court of public opinion of NE Kansans, GM is getting the death penalty. Go to phog.net and read their threads about us, the big brother syndrome is strong with those fans.
                Don't sweet it, WSU is passed what they think in KC area, as we've ballooned to a national presence now. I'll pay attention to what si, espn and cbs sports have to say rather than some regional disc jockey.
                I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

I played a game of NBA 2k15 with my Ron Baker create-a-player to try to get his mojo back.

Baker went for 83, 17 rebounds, 13 assists, and 8 steals.

Comment

My 90 year old parents are bringing their drink cups they got in New Orleans in 81. Karma.

Therefore, I'm predicting a hard fought victory. Afterwards I will shoot off some fireworks for my KU neighbors. Shortly after that I will change my focus to the next game. After all, we have been there before.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                      I played a game of NBA 2k15 with my Ron Baker create-a-player to try to get his mojo back.

Baker went for 83, 17 rebounds, 13 assists, and 8 steals.
                      I would settle for half that.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Gotta make shots.
                        Shox 75
                        KU 64

Comment

Originally posted by BlkSaxShock View Post
                          So do you remember that time when we only made two 3-point baskets in a tournament game? Yeah? Remember what happened next? That's Right!!!

In case you don't remember: http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330800221
                          Lots years on the Pitt bench..
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                            My 90 year old parents are bringing their drink cups they got in New Orleans in 81. Karma.

Therefore, I'm predicting a hard fought victory. Afterwards I will shoot off some fireworks for my KU neighbors. Shortly after that I will change my focus to the next game. After all, we have been there before.
                            Fireworks! Great idea. Got to get Shocker Son working on that!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              Man, listening to KC radio, they are painting GM in a very bad light; always talking crap about KU not scheduling WSU. Perception is reality folks and in the court of public opinion of NE Kansans, GM is getting the death penalty. Go to phog.net and read their threads about us, the big brother syndrome is strong with those fan

It's no secret that we have problems against tall, athletic teams but we've been able to hang with Kentucky, Louisville, and Utah of late so I'm hoping the same here, but we're going to have to make shots and never let KU get out to a big lead. Once KU starts to spread the margin, they turn into a different monster and it's all but over when that happens.
                              Is KU tall? Without Alexander, they don't seem that tall. Greene, Lucas, Selden, Oubre, Ellis aren't that much different than Wessel, Brown, Baker, Kelly, Carter, and Morris are they? They may be better shooters but they certainly aren't bigger.

Comment

Walking around downtown Omaha and someone keeps shouting "Little Brother" repeatedly... I turn around and sure enough its a dumba$$ in KU gear pointing at us in our WSU gear. He shuffles into a building before I can catch up with him and give him a piece of my mind about their chickensh!t approach to refusing to play us.

I've never seen and certainly hope to never see Shocker fans getting their jollies by demeaning other fan bases. Those are the people that spoil the whole fanbase.

I was already pumped for the game, but now I'm out for blood. Time to put supposedly big brother in his place.

Play Angry! Let's go!

Comment

Working...
                                X