GO SHOCKERS GO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GO SHOCKERS GO!

Just wanted to say from the UNI fans, at least this one.. pulling for WSU to finish off Indiana..
    while we really, really wanted to play you again in the conference tournament that didn't happen. Consider me a dual fan when we're not playing you.

GO WICHITA STATE! Can't wait for the Kansas BEATDOWN.

Originally posted by UNI_Panthers View Post
    Just wanted to say from the UNI fans, at least this one.. pulling for WSU to finish off Indiana..
    while we really, really wanted to play you again in the conference tournament that didn't happen. Consider me a dual fan when we're not playing you.

Many thanks. We are all pulling hard for you guys as well- congrats on the great win today and good luck on Sunday!

Nothing would please both teams more than to finally get that rubber match in a few weeks.

Comment

Thanks so much....can't talk, holding our collective breath.

Comment

MVC is being represented very well so far!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          MVC is being represented very well so far!
          5-0 in tournaments so far
          I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
          If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

We may not have gotten the rematch in the conference tournament, but I wouldn't mind if we still found a way to play a rubber match this year.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Congrats on your win. Hope we can both celebrate on Sunday.

MVC! MVC!
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                5-0 in tournaments so far
                How awesome is it for Illinois State that they get to face Old Dominion, whom they destroyed earlier this season. That must be a good matchup for them.

Loyola has Oral Roberts. Evansville has Eastern Illinois next.

Comment

Sick win boys. Congratulations. What a performance.
                  We're licking our wounds after being dropped by Louisville. I'm surprisingly not feeling too bad, I'm really proud of our guys. We're building on already existing legendary UNI players, and I think we have a few more in the books after this season. We're going to have another good team next year and I'm looking forward to the WSU games of course. Wish it didn't end here for UNI and the Panther Faithful, but that's how it goes at some point. One of the best rides I've been on.

I expected the KU outcome. It was a brutal, foot four feet up the ass pounding. Wonderful to watch. Everyone I know was rooting for you too (guys from Illinois, no affiliation with UNI or the MVC). I don't think KU is widely loved.
                  It did make me appreciate that the Hawkeyes and Cyclones don't duck UNI constantly (Hawks are trying hard to), when I heard you hadn't played them since 1993. Ridiculous. I think its time the Big12 start signing contracts with the MVC, so to prevent being shamed like the B12 was in the tournament.

I like your team, I like your coach. #2 in my book for me, after my Panthers of course. Hell, not sure I'd buy one but I'd have me and the wife wear a tshirt if I had them on hand. You had the Ghost of Ali Farokhmanesh with you, haunting KU. BTW, enjoy http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015...ew-kansas-fans
                  Rooting for you all the way. Play Angry! and HAIL OUR PANTHERS!

Comment

Checking in one last time on this one, till next season. Sorry about the loss. You'll be back next year.
                    I like WSU because I see UNI in WSU. I'm an Iowa guy born and raised, and I'm sure like UNI many of you are diehard Kansnians. I like Ron Baker because to me he's a parallel to Seth Tuttle, native guys to the state that are great examples of who we are. Nothing is better than an underdog rising to greatness. Your guys can be a little cocky but that's alright by me. We need to be a little more cocky both inside and out of the conference. I envy the swagger you've earned inside your state by dropping Kansas. God that was sweet. I probably didn't enjoy it as much as you, but I certainly enjoyed it.
                    Notre Dame simply played the game of their lives. It happens, I felt UNI fell victim to the same situation with Louisville. Just roasted us. That's basketball I guess.

But what exciting times to be fans of MVC schools. Thanks to you for helping holding up the mantle high for the MVC. I have no problem with that, UNI will be back, and someone has to represent what we stand for. I never found anyone rooting for Kansas btw. Even the Iowa State fans I know. Everyone hates Kansas' fans and all my people in the midwest were hoping for them to lose.

Well I'm going to check out here for now. You'll never find me on one of UNI's sports forums because on ours, the Iowa State guys can be favored over UNI fans who post there.. which I find deplorable. I've seen 2 cases of this so far. I don't associate with those types. It's like if you let Kansas fans run roughshod over Shockers fans here, even once is too much and deserving of a site shutdown.

There's a lot of "dual fans" in Iowa. Not this guy. If I'm a dual fan, it's #1 UNI and #2 WSU.
                    Good luck next season, but not too much luck! :peach:

Comment

Checking in one last time on this one, till next season. Sorry about the loss. You'll be back next year.
                      I like WSU because I see UNI in WSU. I'm an Iowa guy born and raised, and I'm sure like UNI many of you are diehard Kansnians. I like Ron Baker because to me he's a parallel to Seth Tuttle, native guys to the state that are great examples of who we are. Nothing is better than an underdog rising to greatness. Your guys can be a little cocky but that's alright by me. We need to be a little more cocky both inside and out of the conference. I envy the swagger you've earned inside your state by dropping Kansas. God that was sweet. I probably didn't enjoy it as much as you, but I certainly enjoyed it.
                      Notre Dame simply played the game of their lives. It happens, I felt UNI fell victim to the same situation with Louisville. Just roasted us. That's basketball I guess.

But what exciting times to be fans of MVC schools. Thanks to you for helping holding up the mantle high for the MVC. I have no problem with that, UNI will be back, and someone has to represent what we stand for. I never found anyone rooting for Kansas btw. Even the Iowa State fans I know. Everyone hates Kansas' fans and all my people in the midwest were hoping for them to lose.

Well I'm going to check out here for now. You'll never find me on one of UNI's sports forums because on ours, the Iowa State guys can be favored over UNI fans who post there.. which I find deplorable. I've seen 2 cases of this so far. I don't associate with those types. It's like if you let Kansas fans run roughshod over Shockers fans here, even once is too much and deserving of a site shutdown.

There's a lot of "dual fans" in Iowa. Not this guy. If I'm a dual fan, it's #1 UNI and #2 WSU.
                      Appreciate that!!! See you next season!!!

Comment

sorry, I have to point out this, but it's Kansans
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Congrats on the great year to UNI as well. Too bad you couldn't go further in the tourney but your team deserved all the accomplishments it achieved.
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                          X