the two other D1 teams in Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't like the black

Many KSU fans (mostly we old folks) hate the black unis but I guess the players and younger fans like them. Nike money talks a lot too. KSU has only one official color and that is Royal Purple so some sort of contrasting color is needed and it's usually white or silver.

Comment

Can I just hate both teams without caring about the outcome of the game?

Comment

Will the new AD be searching for a fb or bb coach first???

Comment

It will be interesting to see if the new AD lets an entire new group of assistants come through Manhattan for the 3rd consecutive year in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz
            Can I just hate both teams without caring about the outcome of the game?
            yes

Comment

Re: Don't like the black

Originally posted by BCSCat
              Many KSU fans (mostly we old folks) hate the black unis but I guess the players and younger fans like them. Nike money talks a lot too. KSU has only one official color and that is Royal Purple so some sort of contrasting color is needed and it's usually white or silver.
              Hard to go wrong with your official colors with silver or white.

Comment

I though KSU colors were Purple, White, and Black.

My Granddaughter's favorite school (she will be 12 next month) is K-State, mostly because Purple is her favorite color. I gave her a Shocker shirt, and she wears it once a week to school now.

Comment

Here's the official word from the University:

K-STATE COLORS

The school color Royal Purple was adopted in the fall of 1896 by a committee of “Miss Minnie L. Copeland, Jr. and Miss Winnifred Houghton and Miss Ina E. Holyrod, of the senior class, and perhaps one or more others.” Although K-State’s only official color is purple, white has been used as a complimentary color for many years. Silver is also a common second or third color. Former head basketball coach Cotton Fitzsimmons incorprated gold during his two-year stint (1968-70), but gold or yellow has not been used since that time. The term “Purple Pride,” which is often used in association with KSU athletics, was given rise during the tenure of head football coach Vince Gibson (1967-74).

Comment

Working...
                  X