Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoosier Nation has a lot of RESPECT for The Wichita State Shockers

My Dearest Shockers,

A lot of people will trash talk this week on both sides. It is important for all Hoosiers to be respectful of what your program and coach mean to the college basketball landscape today.

I realize these are just message boards; however, in case we have special fans on both sides please remember this message before jumping to any conclusions about Hoosier Nation all across the world. The X's and O's that your coach uses to teach are something that Hoosier fans all over the world are currently impressed with today. We love the teaching on the sidelines, correcting mistakes made by players and in-game adjustments that are second to none.

As most college basketball fans know our program has fallen on rough times and our fan base is currently at war over whether Tom Crean should be the head coach at IU. It has been an interesting month but we will put that on the back-burner for the week and enjoy this beautiful game we call basketball.

Most of us have no idea what version of IU Basketball you will see on the court on Friday. But we hope for the best and this match-up is a good one for us due to our limited size on the interior. That does not mean we do not respect your program because our program does respect Shocker Nation. It just means that we find peace in the first round because we are not facing a team with an interior that could possibly give us fits.

Also, I know a lot of pundits think the B1G is down this year; however, I will wait until after the tourney to fully evaluate the conference this year. As I believe it was just a bloodbath for teams unless your name was Wisconsin this year.

Our main forum for Basketball is Peegs.com run by a team of excellent journalists in Mike Pegram, Jeff Rabjohns, Matt Weaver, Ken Bikoff and occasional analysis by Nick B. It should also be noted that our free forum brings out some special people from everywhere so the premium message board is where you would have the most interesting discussions about the game.

I look forward to viewing your board this week and I wish everyone on the forum an excellent work week. Please be aware you may get some people on your forum that represent themselves as Hoosier fans when they are really just other fan bases that we have been at basketball war with for a long time.

Regards,

BabyJesusHoosier's First Blessing for the esteemed Wichita State Shockers

I love this time of the year (and when you're program is blessed enough to still be playing) when GOOD fans get together and enjoy the best of competition.

If only we all could claim your recent years as "falling on hard times". My friend, you don't know hard times. Our program is incredibly proud of 2 Final Fours. That's not even half of the 5 National Championships you've celebrated.

Hell. you've played ku almost as many times as we have (13 vs 14) and won more than 3 times as often. WSU is 0-1 all time against IU but that 1 game is memorable as one of the all time biggest coaching mismatches pitting Robert Montgomery Knight against perhaps the worst coach ever in Mike Cohen. How IU won by only 21 is a mystery still under investigation.

I see you're 17-5 all time against Indiana State. I assumed all those games were before WWII. I was wrong. It appears two different 2 for 1s since '98 have resulted in a 3-3 split with the Trees. Hmmm...Someone at Indiana (a program with arguably as much or more history than Kansas) seemed to think there was something to be gained by playing
    Indiana State (a program arguably without as much history as Wichita State). Funny how that works. Of course, going 3-3 against the Trees in the last 17 years would lead credence to your comment about falling on hard times.

There are NO fans, no real fans at least, in ShockerNation overlooking the Hoosiers. Success and victory can be fleeting. We understand that, painfully more so than IU fans. Hard times for you is 2 Sweet 16s in the last 3 seasons, and a legitimate shot at 3 in 4. Compare that to an EIGHT GAME LOSING STREAK IN YOUR OWN CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT OVER NINE SEASONS. Yes, one year we couldn't even make the conference tourney and no, we weren't on probation that season. We just achieved a new low. So you'll forgive us if we don't shed a tear for your "hard times".

I have no doubt WSU will have to be great or near great to win. I hope for a good clean game where everyone exits healthy that's decided by the players and coaches and may whomever win beat the hell out of ku.

Comment

Dear WuDrWu,

I appreciate the reply and I definitely agree with the beat KU part. If you all win, I am 100% certain that our fans left in Omaha will be rooting for the Shockers in Round of 32. I hope you all would do the same for IU if we advance past the Round of 64. Thanks for the kind words as well.

Regards,

BabyJesusHoosier

Comment

Originally posted by BabyJesusHoosier View Post
        Dear WuDrWu,

I appreciate the reply and I definitely agree with the beat KU part. If you all win, I am 100% certain that our fans left in Omaha will be rooting for the Shockers in Round of 32. I hope you all would do the same for IU if we advance past the Round of 64. Thanks for the kind words as well.

Regards,

BabyJesusHoosier
        Most certainly we would root for you. Yogi Ferrell is a very talented young man who will have a future in the league. I enjoy seeing how Tekele Cotton matches up against him
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I think Fred plays Yogi.
          Livin the dream

Comment

The defense you all play is outstanding and I am interested to see if we will be able to solve the defensive intensity. Tekele Cotton's dunk against Illinois State in 2014 is still etched in my memory bank. Whewww he brought me out of my chair with that elevation at the rim. Yogi has more heart than any other player and I look for him to possibly put IU on his back in the tourney.

Regards,

BabyJesusHoosier

Comment

Come Friday if you look at the forum and see me bitching about the refs that is just what I always do. I think the state of officials in college is a joke so I make jokes.

Comment

Rosewood,

No problem as I would not expect anything else on both sides. I will just be excited to get away from the refs in the B1G.

Regards,

BabyJesusHoosier

Comment

Attached Files
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyJesusHoosier View Post
                    Dear WuDrWu,

Regards,

BabyJesusHoosier
                    You bet your ass every single Shocker fan would be rooting for you against KU.

Thanks for joining us over here and representing your fanbase with class. Indiana is a proud program with great fans. I'm hoping for an entertaining and injury-free game on Friday. Good luck to you, but not too much. :smile-new:
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

BabyJesus, you don't have gold-fleeced diapers, do you? :cowbell:

Good luck to you all...and like Doc said, may the winner of our game beat the hell out of the Jayhawks!
                      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        BabyJesus, you don't have gold-fleeced diapers, do you? :cowbell:

Good luck to you all...and like Doc said, may the winner of our game beat the hell out of the Jayhawks!

Another Hoosier here just wanting to wish you guys good luck! Im very excited for the game myself and I know alot of other Hoosier fans are as well! I dont think either of us could have asked for a better matchup, and I truly believe this will be one of the best first round games as long as the Hoosiers decide to play a little defense. If they dont I expect a fairly one sided game for the Shockers! As many othe rposters have said, IU is a jekyl and Hyde type team and as of late alot more Hyde! Regardless of the outcome, I hope whoever wins plays well agst KU and gets a well deserved sweet 16 game! Congrats on a great year and know the Hoosier fan base has the utmost respect for your program, although it was tough watching you all dismantle my alma mater UE twice this year!

Comment

Working...
                        X