Pep Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pep Rally

The pep rally sucked. I mean how hard can it be to put on a pep rally. They have had one forever before every game, Why only one before the first game and then one before the championship game. Less pep band less interaction by the cheerleaders and yes I know 3 G was sick but it really seemed dead especially for a new venue. In the same vein and the same person in charge...the Rockin the Roundhouse sucked. This has been a must do thing for years but last year was so bad I may have to take a raincheck this year. How tough is it to follow the format that Debbie Kennedy laid out for years. I know some folks on here were nervous about a new leader in the Alumni Association and I thought just needed to give her time. The two largest windows for the AA and both sucked. Lets hope she takes DK's offer to help her next year. If not she could be in for a very short ride.

Agreed, we were disappointed also. Not having one Saturday was weird... don't get that one.

Comment

Originally posted by shox526 View Post
      Agreed, we were disappointed also. Not having one Saturday was weird... don't get that one.
      Perhaps the facility ar PBR was not available Saturday and we all know the Westin is not large enough.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        Perhaps the facility ar PBR was not available Saturday and we all know the Westin is not large enough.
        so the solution is instead of being crowded and overflowing is not to have pep rallys?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          so the solution is instead of being crowded and overflowing is not to have pep rallys?
          If that is you suggestion, then I guess. I was only giving, perhaps, a possible factor as to the "why" that was asked.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I don't know who is leading the Alumni Association now.. but wow, not good.

Has anyone been to Fox and Hound lately? That was the place to be for Shocker games before, absolutely hoppin, filled with yellow. Now? Nothing. So disappointing. I didn't even see anyone from the AA the last time I went to one. I go to Larry Buds now. Remember how great the Final Four Alumni stuff was? I bet if we went this year, it wouldn't be 1/4 as good. Get your **** together, this isn't that hard.

Why must so much with this school be small-time? We love it and support the hell out of it, yet get thrown to the shitter for so many things. This and the Shocker Sports Properties just ticks me off to no end.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
              I don't know who is leading the Alumni Association now.. but wow, not good.

Has anyone been to Fox and Hound lately? That was the place to be for Shocker games before, absolutely hoppin, filled with yellow. Now? Nothing. So disappointing. I didn't even see anyone from the AA the last time I went to one. I go to Larry Buds now. Remember how great the Final Four Alumni stuff was? I bet if we went this year, it wouldn't be 1/4 as good. Get your **** together, this isn't that hard.

Why must so much with this school be small-time? We love it and support the hell out of it, yet get thrown to the shitter for so many things. This and the Shocker Sports Properties just ticks me off to no end.
              I recommend that you and others send an email to the AD and 'carbon copy' the next 2 people on this list;

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

There were a lot of Shocker fans at Ballpark Village on Friday. PBR was closed. I'm fairly certain that a WSU pep rally on Friday would have generated more than enough revenue to justify having it open before the game. If not that, they could have used the downstairs at Joe Buck's. Everyone I talked to thought it was really odd that no pep rally was held. It kinda killed the mojo, in my opinion.

Comment

I have emailed Mark Rodgers, who is the head of Shocker Sports Properties, twice. Zero responses.

Not even a copy and pasted response. I will speak with my money from now on. Our radio presence is a joke. ESPN3 makes TV fine. I enjoy MK so much, along with Dave and Bob, but thanks to WSU, we make it damned near impossible to even get access to our radio stuff. Let alone if the equipment works.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    The pep rally sucked. I mean how hard can it be to put on a pep rally.
                    You are missing your opportunity! Get piss drunk and BE the pep rally! Pre-game party in @pogo:'s room!! Followed by a bash at the arena!!! RAAAH RRAHH RAHHHH!!

Wait a minute ... isn't the new head of the AA a K-State grad, if I recall correctly?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                      I have emailed Mark Rodgers, who is the head of Shocker Sports Properties, twice. Zero responses.
                      Maybe because you included a D in "rogers" when you sent it?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        isn't the new head of the AA a K-State grad, if I recall correctly?
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Embarrassing.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Maybe because you included a D in "rogers" when you sent it?
                            Ha! I actually went to look and... nope. I spelled it correctly both times.

I hate Shocker Sports Properties. Shocker Radio was way better.

Comment

NM

Comment

Working...
                              X