Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re:

Originally posted by Uncle Rico
    Anyone know what Turgeon's record and winning % has been in non-conference games compared to conference games? Seems like every season his teams start off as hot as a pistol and then falls apart come conference time.

I bet the difference in winning % is startling.
    Not so startling I guess, especially since the non-conference games were overall against weaker competition.

Non-Conference: 57-35 62%
    Conference: 71-55 56%

Comment

It may be worth noting that Texas A&M is 6-7 since January 16th.

Comment

Coach T inherited solid returning players and a nice recruiting class. However, the Big 12 is solid with many talented players as well. This is not the time for a funk, but rather the time to start peaking. Short of a serious late surge, this team is looking more like a NIT team.

After Billy G. impressive performances of the past few Seasons, this will be a "hard pill" for their fans to swallow. This would Not be the time to tell the fans that you don't know what to do to fix this slump. He better have some of his best recruiting breaks of his life, or this could get very, very short and extremely messy.

"WARNING"----Green Grass can come with Sky High Expectations and a very Expensive Water Bill.

Coach T. is a fighter and has done well for himself against tough odds. This will be THE battle of his career.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

10 pts. in a half is a B12 record. The previous record was 11 and it was something like a week ago.

No points for 16:34 is an NCAA record (per Sports Center).

I can't see aTm beating KU in College Station, Lawrence or even Africa for at least a couple of years.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

re:

Not so startling I guess, especially since the non-conference games were overall against weaker competition.

surprising. Seems like his teams have started off 10-0, or a similar record, numerous times only to falter once the conf starts

Comment

Re: re:

surprising. Seems like his teams have started off 10-0, or a similar record, numerous times only to falter once the conf starts
              Only time that happened was Turgeon last year. Of course they started off 9-0 and then lost their next 4 non-conference games.

Turgeon Non-Conference records were:

5-5
              6-6
              6-6
              9-5
              10-4
              12-5
              9-4

Comment

I don't remember the 05-06 team that won the Valley championship and went to the Sweet 16 falling apart at the end, but maybe my memory is faulty on that.
                Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock

Only time that happened was Turgeon last year. Of course they started off 9-0 and then lost their next 4 non-conference games.

5-5
                  6-6
                  6-6
                  9-5
                  10-4
                  12-5
                  9-4
                  twice we started 9-0 and failed to make the NCAA under turgeon

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr
                    Originally posted by SB Shock

5-5
                    6-6
                    6-6
                    9-5
                    10-4
                    12-5
                    9-4
                    twice we started 9-0 and failed to make the NCAA under turgeon
                    I missed the 2004-05 season. They started 9-0 (7-0 in non-conference). Though the 9 teams had a average RPI of 185. The best team they beat was SF (rpi = 85).

But I need to recalculate, the way the media guide list their conference records, it doesn't count MVC tournament as part of the conference record.

Comment

Corrected Turgeion records:

Overall: 128-90 (59%)
                      MVC Conference Record 71-55 (56%)
                      MVC Tourny Record 3-7 (30%)

Overall Conference (Regular Season + Tourny): 74-62 (54%)

Non-Conference: 52-28 (66%)
                      Average RPI: 185

Post Season: 4-4 (0.500) (NIT+NCAA)

Comment

Working...
                      X