Irresponsible Garbage Journalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irresponsible Garbage Journalism

ST. LOUIS – Any insinuation that players and coaches don’t care about postseason awards flew out the window on Thursday …

Please tell me how they achieved that headline and theme with the two quotes they have. Fred's quote said absolutely nothing and Ron's quote couldve just as easily (and probably was) been about Tekele getting left off in favor of Balentine.

The Will Kunkel of print.

Sorry but this deserves its own thread.

Sounds like a very small town newspaper type headline. Honestly...not much to see here me thinks.

BUT....if it gives the guys some added fuel to bring to the race...I'm all for it!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Irresponsible, naw. The guy probably got that vibe from Baker, Van Vleet and Marshall. I saw some clip of Marshall being a bit snippy with a questioner - but we all know that's Marshall being Marshall.

Just watching the demeanor of this Shocker team I wouldn't be surprised if they left the banquet and presser more than a bit irritated.

The Shocks are coming off an impressive weekend that showcased them as a team and a program and left no doubt on the court which team was better last Saturday. Now, they attend the awards deal and NIU takes home most of the individual hardware. If they feel disrespected, so be it. There are three more chances to show this league which program is superior.

--'85.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Great, just great.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          http://thegazette.com/subject/sports...wards-20150305

Please tell me how they achieved that headline and theme with the two quotes they have. Fred's quote said absolutely nothing and Ron's quote couldve just as easily (and probably was) been about Tekele getting left off in favor of Balentine.

The Will Kunkel of print.

Sorry but this deserves its own thread.
          Personally, I think that's a bit extreme. This is the Cedar Falls newspaper, they are covering their home team, they are putting in a positive light and the writer doesn't like Wichita State. More bulletin board material for us.

As for the Will Kunkel comparison, that's just sour grapes. The writer is playing to his audience. Will didn't. Big difference there.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone came to be reading a Cedar Falls, Iowa newspaper in the first place.

Comment

ROFLMAO @ that one, tw805, so true!

Comment

Ron should've just complemented UNI and moved on. No need to be a sore loser or give UNI anymore motivation than they already have.
                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                  Ron should've just complemented UNI and moved on. No need to be a sore loser or give UNI anymore motivation than they already have.
                  Where has anyone said he was talking about UNI?

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                    I think that comment may have been taken out of context. I thought Ron had made that comment about Tekele being left off the 1sat team. I could be wrong about that though.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                      Personally, I think that's a bit extreme. This is the Cedar Falls newspaper, they are covering their home team, they are putting in a positive light and the writer doesn't like Wichita State. More bulletin board material for us.

As for the Will Kunkel comparison, that's just sour grapes. The writer is playing to his audience. Will didn't. Big difference there.
                      It's not an editorial and headlines and the basis of stories have to be grounded in fact not far reaching insinuations and out of context quotes.

Irresponsible journalism is either filling in voids of fact with opinion, omitting something that might be important or choosing to be an editorial writer mid stream. Kunkel did the latter, Dipshit the former.

Sour grapes? That is usually making excuses for your own shortcomings or others successes so not sure what you are talking about

The rag puppet got his story retweeted several times so that is how I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by tw805 View Post
                        I'm still trying to figure out how anyone came to be reading a Cedar Falls, Iowa newspaper in the first place.
                        I'm just impressed that they know how to Read in cedar falls

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I think that comment may have been taken out of context. I thought Ron had made that comment about Tekele being left off the 1sat team. I could be wrong about that though.

This.
                          On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

Working...
                          X