Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    Living well is the best revenge..
    What better way to live well than to destroy everyone and get a second straight MVC Tournament title? :)

Comment

Happened to be near some people associated with the program today and they were none too happy when the First Team was announced

Comment

[QUOTE=Signman;550866]
        Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        If you were going to put together a team of Valley players to beat Kentucky, who would you pick first?

This is the team I would pick to beat "KY"
        Starters
        1 - FVV
        2 - RB
        3 - Tekele Cotton
        4 - Seth Tuttle
        5 - Mock

Bench
        1 - Washpun
        2 - Balentine
        3 - Evan W.
        4 - Darius
        5 - Lynch

Others
        Mitchell UNI

forgot the most important:

Coach G. Marshall
        I generally like it. As much as I love Evan Wessel I think I would rather have the athleticism of Loyola's Milton Doyle on my top 10. I also like D.J. Balentine but not sure him playing in a non-Evansville offense against Kentucky is a good matchup. I think I would rather have a bigger, sharpshooter like UNI's 6-6 Paul Jesperson in his place.

I assume we would get a roster of 13. If so I would take Evan for his toughness, Bush Wamukota for his length and Khristian Smith from Indiana State as my final 3 scholarship players. If I get one walk-on I would take J.R. Simon as a good luck charm.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 3, 2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Replace DJ with Tekele at Evansville and let him have 30% of their offense.

What would his numbers look like?

I'm guessing he would be a unanimous 1st teamer.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            I don't have a huge problem with Tuttle getting the nod this year, but leaving TC off of the first team is asinine. Since asinine has become analogous to MVC we can't be surprised.
            This x a million. Tuttle, I have no problem with as POY although I wouldn't trade FVV for him in a million years.

As far as TC goes, I will only offer this one sentiment: 25 for 66 in four games against the top two teams should barely get you honorable mention even if you are padding your stats against the rest of the league

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              As far as TC goes, I will only offer this one sentiment: 25 for 66 in four games against the top two teams should barely get you honorable mention even if you are padding your stats against the rest of the league
              Is that supposed to be Balentine's FG shooting against WSU and UNI? 25 for 66 is 37.9%. However, my stat check shows Balentine was 21-59 (35.6%) from the field (including 2-14 on trey attempts) in those games. Or were you taking a different angle?
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 4, 2015, 08:57 AM.

Comment

You are right 72'. I had counted his 6/17 game against us twice.

But the real stats are even better.

Comment

The only thing I can come up with in what might have been going through the minds of the voters must be the head to head matchup between Ballentine and Cotton. Ballentine went for 16 and 8 against us, and Cotton went for 6 and 0. Two games don't make a year, but maybe they forgot that.

I always thought the first team was supposed to consist of guys you would pick first if you were choosing a playground team. My first pick would be Cotton every time, because after that, it doesn't matter who your first pick is. Cotton won't let him score anyway.

Comment

Who leads the MVC in Sports Center top 10's?
                    Phi Alpha

Comment

If Balentine is as great a player as a couple of you would like to claim, I may need to reconsider my decision to sit out the NBA draft. Blinded by useless, and in this case not all the impressive, scoring numbers.

Comment

I suspect that the leader wasn't featured for what he does best, defense.
                        Phi Alpha

Comment

Darius Carter and Evan Wessel on are the Valley's Most Improved Team selected by the beat writers.

Comment

Carter doesn't really belong on the most improved team. He's doing the same thing as last year but he's getting more playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                              Carter doesn't really belong on the most improved team. He's doing the same thing as last year but he's getting more playing time.
                              Maybe. But last year he rarely ventured outside the paint for a jump shot. This year that has become a key part of his game. So not exactly doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Maybe. But last year he rarely ventured outside the paint for a jump shot. This year that has become a key part of his game. So not exactly doing the same thing.
                                Fair enough. I still don't see how Carter makes it over someone like Daishon Knight though.

Comment

Working...
                                X