Show some class!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show some class!

A couple of observations of our championship game with UNI. When Fred hit his head on the floor and got up, (tough kid),I watched the UNI fans behind their bench. Not ONE of them clapped when Fred was walked off the floor. WSU fans always show they are classy fans and cheer and clap for an injured player who recovers and walks off on his own. WE respect the game and opposing players.
    I will give credit to Tuttle who came over and shook hands with our Seniors on his own.

Yeah. I had intended to find a couple of photos to illustrate my point, but,

I found it interesting that for ISUb's senior night, WSU players and coaches actually CALLED TIMEOUT to allow their seniors to exit to an ovation, an ovation in which the WSU players and staff participated.

Saturday, after the game was no longer in doubt and Cotton was pulled for his senior ovation? Nope. Not a golf clap from a single member of the opposition. Not that there was much there to clap for, just a complete class act that had run rough-shod through the league to a 63-9 record and 3 league championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Yeah. I had intended to find a couple of photos to illustrate my point, but,

I found it interesting that for ISUb's senior night, WSU players and coaches actually CALLED TIMEOUT to allow their seniors to exit to an ovation, an ovation in which the WSU players and staff participated.

Saturday, after the game was no longer in doubt and Cotton was pulled for his senior ovation? Nope. Not a golf clap from a single member of the opposition. Not that there was much there to clap for, just a complete class act that had run rough-shod through the league to a 63-9 record and 3 league championships.
      I noticed that as well, however I will say that it is a lot easier to be magnanimous when you have the game well in hand as you applaud the departing seniors. It might be a little bit harder to be so magnanimous when you have just been drilled in what may have been the most important regular season game in school history. I'm sure those UNI players were pretty down at that point so I think I will give them a pass.

Comment

I'll give all the UNI players a pass except Jeremy Morgan. That guy might be the dirtiest player in the Valley.

Comment

The cake is always taken by Creighton with classless fans. I remember in Omaha when Malcolm ran into I think Hall or Cotton, they smashed heads together at half court. The crowd is booing them, I'm right next to the student section and I hear yells of "they're faking it!"

As Malcolm walked off the court with blood dripping down his face.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I noticed that, too, didn't see any clapping from them, when we ALWAYS clap for anyone injured when they get up. If UNI had called TO to pull Tuttle, I bet all of WSU's players would have clapped, and most of the fans, too.

Comment

Got to understand tho in the heat of the battle, they just lost the MVC title game. Its tough to be anything but pissed off.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by MTXEShox View Post
                When Fred hit his head on the floor and got up, (tough kid),I watched the UNI fans behind their bench. Not ONE of them clapped when Fred was walked off the floor.
                It is very difficult to clap with your hands covering your ears. :cowbell:

Comment

I think you guys are looking for reasons to be offended, because it is pretty tough to find a way to be offended by the UNI fan base as a whole. Pretty decent bunch, I'd say.

Comment

Their fans behind the bench stayed throughout the post-game festivities. I'm assuming that was their choice.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Their fans behind the bench stayed throughout the post-game festivities. I'm assuming that was their choice.
                      Or the bus wasn't going anywhere for an hour and standing in the snow didn't sound great? Not saying they aren't classy, just not sure I'd put a feather in the cap for that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X