Rankings, seedings, and nards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rankings, seedings, and nards

Don't get too worried about the seeds and rankings. It's the end of the season and the fix is in. The boys in charge are looking for reasons to keep the big name teams up and looking for reasons to drop the small market teams down. It's all about the money and TV ratings. They really don't want a mid-major making it too deep into the tournament so they will find a way to create the toughest road possible for the mid-majors (see last years bracket). That is why in week 13 Kansas was ranked #8 and a lock for a 2 seed. Now after 3 losses to un-ranked teams they are still #8 and a lock for a #2 seed (according to Lunardi, who by the way I would like to kick in the lu-nards) That's Spanish for "the Nards" aka grapes, gonads, seeds, pills, nuts, balls, twins, sack, jewels, marbles, rollers, you get the point.
    The committee of elitist who make the bracket would like nothing more than to have a final four of Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, and North Carolina.
    The Shox crashed the party two years ago and pissed off the elitist planners. So they made sure it wouldn't happen again last year. Don't look for a favorable bracket this year either. Oh sure Lunardi and the boys like, and need, a Cinderella team that they can prop up as long as they are sure to fizzle no later than the Elite 8. But let that Cinderella get to the Final 4 and you can be sure that there will be punishment in the form of a couple brutal game changing calls and a gauntlet to go through in the following tournament. They don't think we really belong so the more of a threat we are to crash the elitist party, the tougher they will make it for us.
    I say we go there and kick em square in the grapes!! Who's with me???
    I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

In!
    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Nice post!

Comment

Post of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelace View Post
          Don't get too worried about the seeds and rankings. It's the end of the season and the fix is in. The boys in charge are looking for reasons to keep the big name teams up and looking for reasons to drop the small market teams down. It's all about the money and TV ratings. They really don't want a mid-major making it too deep into the tournament so they will find a way to create the toughest road possible for the mid-majors (see last years bracket). That is why in week 13 Kansas was ranked #8 and a lock for a 2 seed. Now after 3 losses to un-ranked teams they are still #8 and a lock for a #2 seed (according to Lunardi, who by the way I would like to kick in the lu-nards) That's Spanish for "the Nards" aka grapes, gonads, seeds, pills, nuts, balls, twins, sack, jewels, marbles, rollers, you get the point.
          The committee of elitist who make the bracket would like nothing more than to have a final four of Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, and North Carolina.
          The Shox crashed the party two years ago and pissed off the elitist planners. So they made sure it wouldn't happen again last year. Don't look for a favorable bracket this year either. Oh sure Lunardi and the boys like, and need, a Cinderella team that they can prop up as long as they are sure to fizzle no later than the Elite 8. But let that Cinderella get to the Final 4 and you can be sure that there will be punishment in the form of a couple brutal game changing calls and a gauntlet to go through in the following tournament. They don't think we really belong so the more of a threat we are to crash the elitist party, the tougher they will make it for us.
          I say we go there and kick em square in the grapes!! Who's with me???
          I needed this reminder. I was getting too bent on following this stuff and failing to relax and enjoy the ride.

What did you think about that crossover dribble from FreshVanVleet yesterday? Swish.

I thought it was nice but I was wondering what the master thought about it?

Comment

I replayed that cross-over several times and have to admit, it was near perfection. Freddy V had the stab step, rubber neck juke, that put his defender on the floor. When he got back up, there was a noticeable brown stain on the back of his shorts and he had a slight limp. Well done Freddy V, well done.
            My work here is done.

Comment

Remember back when 4 Valley Teams made the Dance? Some TV Commentators were so opposed they sounded like croaking bullfrogs in a hail storm. That very Dance if I recall correctly, Bradley beat KU and made it to the Sweet 16 and WSU beat Tennessee and also made the Sweet 16. Some that Season also thought SW Mo. State should have got in that Dance as well. The Valley had some big wins during the regular Season and earned every solitary slot at the Dance that was given to us but the crying by some Commentators turned my stomach.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

forevershockerfan, my brutha! That was back when Billy Packer had his love fest with the ACC and the Big East. Was he secretly dating John Thompson?
                Hey Billy Packer, you can pack those east teams right up your poop chute!

Comment

Maybe we should change our name to the SHOCKroaches.

You can't kill us....
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

What people don't remember about that 2006 tournament is that Barrah's (SW) Missouri State team should have been in too.

I was just thinking that Fred's crossover looked Tyrone-esque. Glad to see I was right!

Comment

forevershockerfan, my brutha! That was back when Billy Packer had his love fest with the ACC and the Big East. Was he secretly dating John Thompson?
                      Billy's love affair was with the ACC but your point is well taken Ty.

Jim Nantz was a tool during that show as well, and I think he even apologized later for his willful ignorance of his comments

Comment

Tyrone Shoelace Knows basketball baybay!!!!!!! Shockers win 82-78 as the Duke comes off the bench and scores 21 or was it 23?

Comment

He did, which is why we always pile on Packer. Nantz at least manned up and admitted he was wrong.

Comment

Shoelace my man, I have to offer some constructive criticism - why in the hell do we have to wait so long for your nuggets of wisdom? Perhaps you're too busy crafting your skills on the finer art of the crossover?

Comment

Could it be that the 'king and the founder of the crossover' is still out at the playgrounds where money flows like honey at a bee-hive, hustling sucka's that think" they are all that and a bag of chips" for bread?

Comment

Working...
                              X