Dallas Watch Party - #11 WSU vs #10 UNI, 1 PM on Saturday, February 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Watch Party - #11 WSU vs #10 UNI, 1 PM on Saturday, February 28

The Alumni Association will be sending an email for this shortly, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up that there will be a watch party at Stan's Blue Note in the lower Greenville area for Saturday's big game. Should be a lot of fun and the folks at Stan's have a litany of drink specials waiting for us, including $3 domestic draws and wells.

What:

#11 WSU vs. #10 UNI
    When:

1 PM, Saturday, February 28
    Where:

Stan's Blue Note, 2908 Greenville Ave, Dallas, TX 75206

If you'd like to come, please RSVP (including the size of your party) by sending me a private message or shooting an email to the address specified in the alumni association email. This should be a great game and I'd encourage any DFW area Shockers to join us...it really is a terrific opportunity to meet some awesome folks.

Lower Greenville, looks like fun. When I lived in Dallas I used to like to go to Snuffer's on Lower Greenville and have potato skins and margaritas. The Tom Thumb store at Greenville and Lover's Lane was called the Tom Thumb pick-up store in those days (used to be a good place to mix and mingle).

Hope we all have a great Saturday and you have a good turnout!

Comment

Tweeted it out, very cool to see Shocker get togethers around the country.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Kinda obnoxious I know but I'll give this a bump daily until Saturday. Early returns are pointing towards a good turnout.
        Last edited by Play Angry; February 25, 2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
          Tweeted it out, very cool to see Shocker get togethers around the country.
          Agreed, I think it's awesome. This makes me wonder, is there a very good alumni base down in OKC? I'll be moving down there in June after I graduate to work for Boeing. Just wondering if there might be watch parties like this down there. Anyone on this forum from OKC that might know?

Comment

Daily bump.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
              Agreed, I think it's awesome. This makes me wonder, is there a very good alumni base down in OKC? I'll be moving down there in June after I graduate to work for Boeing. Just wondering if there might be watch parties like this down there. Anyone on this forum from OKC that might know?
              I would think with all of the Boeing work that moved from ICT to OKC that there would be a sizable alumni base there. I think that the WSU alumni association can give you details on this.

Sorry @PlayAngry: for going on a tangent on your thread. :)
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Game day bump. See you there!

Comment

How far from the convention center? 5 miles?

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                    How far from the convention center? 5 miles?
                    Yep, almost exactly 5. About a 15 minute drive with traffic and bad roads. Also, pretty cheap Uber ride.

Comment

I will be there ..just posted it on my Facebook for the other local Shockers I know!
                      "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

How was the turnout?
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                          How was the turnout?
                          We had a great group. I should have thought to count at some point, but I'd guess we had 25-30 Shocker fans show up.

The bartender said we scared the hell out of him with the eruption following Tekele's dunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            We had a great group. I should have thought to count at some point, but I'd guess we had 25-30 Shocker fans show up.

The bartender said we scared the hell out of him with the eruption following Tekele's dunk.
                            Any pics of your group???
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              Any pics of your group???
                              I wish I had thought of it. It was definitely the best turnout since the tournament last year, and I actually think this group was a little bigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X