Gregg Marshall Radio Show 02/23/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
    That idea drives me crazy. Let's start by reforming the TERRIBLE system for distributing tickets, then start to judge the allotment.
    I will tell you how to fix it - sell all the tickets. They have a proven distribution system there. Fricking excuses.....

Comment

Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
      Hate to break this to y'all - Smith is a Junior...
      I heard he is turning pro after this season.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Probably what he said, I was having hard time keeping up. I have no problem with having talented players coming back next year. We will have our share as well.
        You, sir, have a gift for understatement...:chuncky:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
          I find that interesting, I would have guessed he'd have the opposite opinion. With 3G's innate ability to get the guys playing their best in March in 2011, 2013, and I'd even argue 2014.
          Pretty sure he's said before that he wishes that the NCAA put more emphasis on the conference regular season winner than the conference tournament winner.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Still disappointed with the Students. We need to fill Koch Arena for GameDay.

The crowd needs to be juiced for the UNI game. We do not need a sit-on-your-hands crowd.
            This is almost entirely WSU's own fault. For a variety of reasons:

- As others have mentioned, the system is old and out dated.
            - they do nothing to engage students in the gameday experiance.
            - they kill their own crowd with lame promotions.
            - the list goes on.

Don't get me wrong, the product on the court is exceptional; the rest of the environment leaves a lot to be desired. You go to other games (of basketball schools) and there is a lot more going on and energy in the air.

It's like the athletic department still thinks we are in the depths obscurity (they have been doing the same thing for the last 15+ years). It's time to step their game up. All they need to do is look at what Bardo is doing to try and grow WSU as a university, and replicate that to Shocker athletics.
            The Assman

Comment

Mike Kennedy talking about the Infiniti Charity Challenge. Mike chastising fans for not getting more behind this. He said I don't know what it well take to get you people motivated.
              The only problem I see is that we aren't seeing actual numbers of votes, just the percentage. We could be churning out a couple hundred or a couple thousand votes every day...no clue. Winning the whole thing may not be possible, but getting another $15,000 for WCH is nothing to sneeze at.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                This is almost entirely WSU's own fault. For a variety of reasons:

- As others have mentioned, the system is old and out dated.
                - they do nothing to engage students in the gameday experiance.
                - they kill their own crowd with lame promotions.
                - the list goes on.

Don't get me wrong, the product on the court is exceptional; the rest of the environment leaves a lot to be desired. You go to other games (of basketball schools) and there is a lot more going on and energy in the air.

It's like the athletic department still thinks we are in the depths obscurity (they have been doing the same thing for the last 15+ years). It's time to step their game up. All they need to do is look at what Bardo is doing to try and grow WSU as a university, and replicate that to Shocker athletics.
                Is there a recording or podcast somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  The only problem I see is that we aren't seeing actual numbers of votes, just the percentage. We could be churning out a couple hundred or a couple thousand votes every day...no clue. Winning the whole thing may not be possible, but getting another $15,000 for WCH is nothing to sneeze at.
                  We've got $10,000 locked in so we are playing to get another $5,000 added to that total with a Top 4 finish this round. I tend to agree that it does not appear like we have the support to win this thing. But a 2nd consecutive Top 4 finish would be a total of $30,000 grand raised.

I look at this voting as couch potato community service. Very little effort required. This is only peripherally about being a Shocker fan. This more about being a member of the Wichita community at-large.

Comment

Coach Marshall thinks we undervalue the regular season and overvalue the post-season.
                    This is so true. I made a strong effort last year to really soak it in.

Comment

We've got $10,000 locked in so we are playing to get another $5,000 added to that total with a Top 4 finish this round. I tend to agree that it does not appear like we have the support to win this thing. But a 2nd consecutive Top 4 finish would be a total of $30,000 grand raised.

I look at this voting as couch potato community service. Very little effort required. This is only peripherally about being a Shocker fan. This more about being a member of the Wichita community at-large.
                      Think I can write off 15K on my taxes this year?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        I wish. Then I could get some season tix.
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I don't see why not. I'm sure the IRS would have no problem with that.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            I will tell you how to fix it - sell all the tickets. They have a proven distribution system there. Fricking excuses.....
                            This. A waiting list for season tickets makes this an easy decision

Comment

It would be nice if we could get $30 million, but that's not going to happen.

Comment

Cheese Johnson will also be in town Saturday.
                                * * * * * * C-H-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-S-S-S-E* * * * * *
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X