Gregg Marshall Radio Show 02/23/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall Radio Show 02/23/15

Could be an interesting show tonight with GameDay and UNI on the horizon.

Coach Marshall: 25 wins for 6 consecutive years is something to be very proud of.

Told his team they have honored the program and honored each other with this performance.

Comment

When Evan Wessel has played the Shocks are 78-3. Ron Baker is 76-7.

Comment

Came from a really good practice session. Veterans didn't do a whole lot live because of only 2 days to prepare for Indiana State.

Comment

Would I want an entire lineup of 6'4" Wessels? No. Would I like to put Wessel's effort/smarts/mentality into Shaq's body? That'd be awesome. 3G says it very succinctly, these upperclassmen are simply WINNERS
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Coach Marshall thinks we undervalue the regular season and overvalue the post-season.

Comment

I kinda hope he doesn't talk too much about Game Day (yet). He's probably more focused on Indiana St.!!!!!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

23 rebounds between your 1 and 2 guards was tremendous and 3G said he had never had that before. He said part of was just the way the ball bounced, part due to Ron's and Fred's abilities and part due to the great defense the team played which resulted in a high volume of missed shots by Evansville.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  I kinda hope he doesn't talk too much about Game Day (yet). He's probably more focused on Indiana St.!!!!!
                  He said he and his staff spent a lot of time today on Indiana State although they did give a little bit of attention to preparing for UNI as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    He said he and his staff spent a lot of time today on Indiana State although they did give a little bit of attention to preparing for UNI as well.
                    AWESOME!!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Mike stole my post about all the important Shocker athletic events this weekend.

Comment

Okay, Ron has called in so it is now an official Shocker call-in show.

Comment

Playing 3 guards in basketball today is important in today's college basketball. He said it used to be a 3 was more forward than guard. Now it tends to be more guard than forward. And we've got some guards coming.

Comment

3G and Antoine Carr may do some kind of signing this weekend to raise money for the Susan B Koman Cancer Research Foundation.

Comment

Mike Kennedy talking about the Infiniti Charity Challenge. Mike chastising fans for not getting more behind this. He said I don't know what it well take to get you people motivated.

3G pointing out that Coach McDermott of Creighton is right behind him.

Comment

Working...
                              X