No announcement yet.

In the current 'Mt. Rushmore' mode....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the current 'Mt. Rushmore' mode....

.....I'm assuming Tekele is a given as one of the best Shocker DEFENDERS ever....but who joins him on the mountain?

And where do you place him in the all time groupings...top 100?Top 75? Top 50? Better?

Personally, I love the kid...to me, he is all that is good about college basketball...will HATE to see him leave...

If this is too early to talk about his place, forgive me...and I have not seen it singularly discussed, unless I missed it...

Only Shocker to make the NCAA all four years....

That should change to 'The first' after next year.

Should.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I would say he is definitely top 50.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        .....I'm assuming Tekele is a given as one of the best Shocker DEFENDERS ever....but who joins him on the mountain?

And where do you place him in the all time groupings...top 100?Top 75? Top 50? Better?

Personally, I love the kid...to me, he is all that is good about college basketball...will HATE to see him leave...

If this is too early to talk about his place, forgive me...and I have not seen it singularly discussed, unless I missed it...
        Definitely VanVleet and probably Baker, too, would join him.

Comment

Cotton, Howard and 2 others.
          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
          - said no one ever...

Comment

Antoine gets one of my votes. He could help off and block shots or stuff his own man. Altered many too.

Of course Tekele is the captain, the valedictorian and SecDef all rolled into one.
            Last edited by shoxlax; February 19, 2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

TC is easily one of the greatest Shockers ever! I love him. Will be very sad to see him go. Hope he has a stellar career! Great Kid!

Comment

our Rushmore will have to be more than 4.

Comment

So, we had FVV, Cotton, Baker, Carr, and Howard so far. I'll be the first to admit, I don't recall someone like Cotton in the past, but maybe I just didn't appreciate defense enough before.

I'll offer three more for consideration: The X-Man, tough as nails, blocks shots, grabs all the rebounds....I can't believe he didn't drive whom ever he was guarding up a tree.

Also, how about Perez? Can you be the all-time steals leader by over 40 and not be pretty good at D?

Lastly, he only played one year, but maybe Armstead.

Comment

We always gave Toure credit as a defender.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                      our Rushmore will have to be more than 4.
                      Love this idea! Was thinking it myself....

Comment

cheeeeeeeeese!

Comment

Mount Rushmore polls are stupid and so bad talk radio.....Lets talk about UNI @ WSU next week...you know something relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            Also, how about Perez? Can you be the all-time steals leader by over 40 and not be pretty good at D?
                            Yes. I was thinking about Jason as well. P.J. Couisnard was also a very good defender.

Comment

Malcolm Armstead was stellar. Don't forget about him.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X