#Top10Thursday: Best point guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I'd take current Ron over freshman Fred as a backup. Freshman Fred was good, but was not near what he is now and probably not as good as Ron right now. My opinion.
    Depends if you mean November Fred or April Fred.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      Depends if you mean November Fred or April Fred.
      Right, but even April Fred got a little rattled in the Louisville game. I think we had that game won had Marcus Armstrong not gotten into foul trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        I'd take current Ron over freshman Fred as a backup. Freshman Fred was good, but was not near what he is now and probably not as good as Ron right now. My opinion.
        I think I'm with you on this one. Fred getting in foul trouble against Kentucky was one of the reasons we lost last year (just like Mal getting in foul trouble hurt us the year before against Lou, even though he wasn't having a great offensive game). With Baker as back up I'm not as worried about it this year. Obviously I'd rather Fred stay out of foul trouble though.

Now the big question is what happens when Darius and Shaq get in foul trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
          As much as I appreciate Fred -- this article was from the middle of December (almost 2 months ago).
          I got the link from an ESPN tweet they put out on Feb. 1 for #Top10Thursday. It did look old though.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            I think I'm with you on this one. Fred getting in foul trouble against Kentucky was one of the reasons we lost last year (just like Mal getting in foul trouble hurt us the year before against Lou, even though he wasn't having a great offensive game). With Baker as back up I'm not as worried about it this year. Obviously I'd rather Fred stay out of foul trouble though.

0-10
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

0-10
              Ouch. I remember in the days following thinking if Malcolm had half of his normal game we win...

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

We really have no 2 guard when Ron moves to point.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Start Wessel at 3 and finally start Shaq?

Cotton is not a 2, but he can probably hold that down well enough against SIU to rest Fred a little

Comment

It's definitely a concern at the moment since Ri'an and Corey are MIA and ZBrown is concussed.

Comment

We really need CHJ, RH, or ZB to emerge and help our our backcourt depth. CHJ makes some freshman mistakes, but i do like that he is not afraid to make a play out take a shot.
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        Start Wessel at 3 and finally start Shaq?

Cotton is not a 2, but he can probably hold that down well enough against SIU to rest Fred a little
                        Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                        We really need CHJ, RH, or ZB to emerge and help our our backcourt depth. CHJ makes some freshman mistakes, but i do like that he is not afraid to make a play out take a shot.
                        We are nearing the end of the season and it's time that we should be able to be 1 starter down. Yes, rotate Carter, Morris, Kelly, Nurger, Glass, and BushW at the 4 & 5. Start Wessel at his natural 3 position with Cotton and Baker. Rotate in Holland (who should be able to guard whoever FVV would), Henderson, and Brown (if available) or even Walker. I think we might be surprised how well Walker can do alongside Baker and Cotton.

Comment

Working...
                        X