Conference RPI - MAC ahead of MVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference RPI - MAC ahead of MVC

The MAC has taken over 10th in conference rpi - dropping the Valley to 11th. One huge difference is that Bowling Green had an rpi of 198 lastyear and is at 54 this year.

Playing UNI the last game of the regular season and then (likely) again in St. Louis is going to be invaluable in getting the Shox ready for the NCAA's. The rest of the league tends to force us deep into our bench to avoid embarrassing the opponent.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

The Valley as a whole is pretty terrible this year, but I love that for once the overall terribleness of the conference is being contained right now.

For once, the top teams aren't getting Super Bowl'ed by bad teams. The truly bad teams are staying almost completely within their bubble, with the bottom five teams 0-16 against the top two teams, and 5-16 against the 3-4-5 teams. If Drake can avoid Thursday night, the play-in teams are 3-13 against them.

Still a bottomless pit in terms of quality RPI victories for us, with IlSt and Evansville doing everything in their power lately to fall out of the top 100, but at least this conference finally has some real separation between the tiers, instead of the competitive mediocrity it usually enjoys in the 3-8 range.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I would say the Valley is fine 1-7. There are three awful teams holding the whole thing back. All three of those teams happen to be schools that have no business being that bad.

If you take all three of those teams and make them all about 100 in the RPI, the MVC would jump way up.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        I would say the Valley is fine 1-7. There are three awful teams holding the whole thing back. All three of those teams happen to be schools that have no business being that bad.

If you take all three of those teams and make them all about 100 in the RPI, the MVC would jump way up.
        I almost started to be really positive about the conference next year ... but it's not going to be better. SIU, Bradley, and MoSt have no visible silver lining at all, so the conference floor will still likely be three teams hovering ~300 RPIs.

UNI will get worse and IlSt will get better. Loyola and Evansville will still be okay teams that aren't an embarrassment to the conference, but aren't a real positive, either. ISUb will still be okay. I think Drake will see major improvement.

The only difference from this year is that the 7th place team will probably be much better next season, and the 2-7 range in general will be a lot more even.

It's so disappointing to see Bradley and MoSt, two teams with some of the best resources in the Valley, just utter crap and completely unable to escape the hole they've dug for themselves. Not only can neither team fire their coach this year, they might have them both for several more years.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
          It's so disappointing to see Bradley and MoSt, two teams with some of the best resources in the Valley, just utter crap and completely unable to escape the hole they've dug for themselves. Not only can neither team fire their coach this year, they might have them both for several more years.
          Bradley is the clear #2 in the MVC in MBB resources, but I'm not even sure MSU is above MVC median in that regard.

Honestly, I'm too lazy right now to look it up, but it isn't hard to do so.

Comment

Working...
          X