• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Basketball results in increased students at WSU

From KSHB in Kansas city:
    I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I could easily see a day where Wichita St. had 25,000 students was in the AAC conference and even......BROUGHT BACK FOOTBALL!!!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Last December I had a business meeting with some people from the KC area. One of the guys saw the Shockers sticker on my car. He said that a few years ago, very few people there had heard of Wichita State. He said now when you go into a store in the KC area that sells Jayhawk and Mizzou gear that they also are now selling Shocker gear. That kind of blew me away as I had no idea that would be the case.

I have also seen tweets from WSU admissions staff that the student recruitment events in KC are very well attended by prospective students.

I think it would be great if we could play a game every year in the Sprint Center. It would be great for our alumni in the area, and an even better marketing tool for prospective students residing in NE KS and the KC metro.
        Last edited by Shocker-maniac; February 3, 2015, 09:58 PM.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
          Last December I had a business meeting with some people from the KC area. One of the guys saw the Shockers sticker on my car. He said that a few years ago, very few people there had heard of Wichita State. He said now when you go into a store in the KC area that sells Jayhawk and Mizzou gear that they also are now selling Shocker gear. That kind of blew me away as I had no idea that would be the case.

I have also seen tweets from WSU admissions staff that the student recruitment events in KC are very well attended by prospective students.

I think it would be great if we could play a game every year in the Sprint Center. It would be great for our alumni in the area, and an even better marketing tool for prospective students residing in NE KS and the KC metro.
          This is a really good idea. There were like 7000 Shocker fans at the BYU game last year.

Comment

Working...
          X