1000 Point Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 Point Club

I was looking up some stats this morning and I just realized all of the big 3 are right on the cusp of scoring 1000 points in their career. Fred will be close, but all of them could reach the plateau by years end. Baker in the next few games!

Baker - 968
    Cotton - 913
    Van Vleet - 824

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
    I was looking up some stats this morning and I just realized all of the big 3 are right on the cusp of scoring 1000 points in their career. Fred will be close, but all of them could reach the plateau by years end. Baker in the next few games!

Baker - 968
    Cotton - 913
    Van Vleet - 824
    Hope he can do it at CKA, but we need him to do it on the road -- or maybe 28 at UNI and 3 at Bradley.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post

Baker - 968
      Cotton - 913
      Van Vleet - 824
      That's pretty cool! I imagine that Cotton will be just over at the end of his career and that VanVleet will get it in the first 2-3 games next season. Baker could break 1800.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        That's pretty cool! I imagine that Cotton will be just over at the end of his career and that VanVleet will get it in the first 2-3 games next season. Baker could break 1800.
        I could see Baker breaking 1500, but 1800 would be pretty tough, even if he became more of a volume scorer, which i think is unlikely.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
          I could see Baker breaking 1500, but 1800 would be pretty tough, even if he became more of a volume scorer, which i think is unlikely.
          Averaging 17 points a game for the next year and a half with 35 games a year gets him to 1801. Not very unlikely really.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
            We have 9 regular season games left this year. We are predicted to win the MVC. That's three more games. As a predicted 4 seed in the tourney, we wi get three more games if we stay true to our seeding. That's 15 games left this season (36 games total). We could play 35 next year as well. If you assume he has 50 games remaining and that he scores 16 per game (currently averaging 16.1) then he wil score 800 more points in his career, putting him about 30 points shy of 1800. 17 PPG the rest of the way gets him there if he's healthy.

OTOH, if he only plays 40 more games due to injury and/or shortened post season, and he only averages 13 PPG (less than his average last season) for the remainder of his career, then he will only score 520 more points, putting him at ~ 1500. More than likely he will end up in the 1700s. He missed 22 games as a freshman. That's about 180 points. Ron is very close to a 2000 point career guy based on talent. He is a big time scorer.
            Livin the dream

Comment

So we've looked at it from the low end, a possibly realistic view, now let's take a look at it with a fully optimistic blinded view.

He has 968 points. Shockers have a total of 18 possible games if they make it to the Conference Tournament and NCAA Tournament Championship games. If he can average 17 ppg (just .9 more than he is now) than that would put him over 300 more points for the season.

Then next season, Shockers play 40 games where Baker can average 20 ppg then you're looking at 800 points.

All hail the third 2000 point scorer in Shocker history!
              ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
              www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Imagine if baker didn't miss those 21 games as a freshman. 21 * 8.7 ppg = 183 points. Whats crazy is he is doing this on staked teams. Lets say we have 15 more games this year (MVC championship + sweet 16). 15 * 16.1 ppg = 242 points. Lets say we play 37 games next year. I think he will up his scoring, but only slightly. lets say 17.5ppg. 37 * 17.5 = 648. 968+242+648=1858. Add those miss games 1858+183=2041 points. Baker is the man

Comment

I stand corrected
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I remember the shirts they put out during the kid camps, have a Burns and a Howard 1000 pt shirt. Not sure if they do that anymore at the camps.

Comment

Working...
                    X