WSU VERSUS NIU PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS NIU PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Here's the deal. This game is the biggest game in the Valley this Season. NIU is ranked 18th the last time I heard. We all have wanted the Valley to improve and for a team to step up and join us at the Dance. In this road game we understand NIU loses very few at home. We can beat them by doing things we have been doing all Season. Keeping our turnovers to a mild roar will be of essence. We need Carter and Shaq on the floor and not getting splinters on the pine plagued with fouls. We already anticipate the Panthers to try to sell their flopping in attempts to get our key players with fouls. We will obviously need to shoot the rock much better Saturday and shoot more throws than our foes do. Both teams are 19-2 but NIU is 8-1 while we ran the table at 9-0 on our front 9. This would be a huge win for us and I predict we will get it. Two Valley ranked teams will get lots of National attention in this game. Baker will be the maker of 22, FVV dishes out 11 assists, and Carter grabs 11 bounds. The Shocks will only have 7 turnovers which is a big reason we are road warriors. The Shocks play like they are at home and seize this win.

10-0 and 20-2 Shocks-- 70

Panthers that flop-------63
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

WSU 68
    NI 64
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Shockers 63,
      Panthers 62

Comment

Hopefully the "hangover" (thanks Conner) is out of our system - 73
        Second best team in the Valley - 69

* Shaq goes for 20.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Shocks 75 Panthers 65

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
            Hopefully the "hangover" (thanks Conner) is out of our system - 73
            Second best team in the Valley - 69

* Shaq goes for 20.
            Shaq for 20 is hilarious...maybe next year...better hope baker hits 20

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
              Shaq for 20 is hilarious...maybe next year...better hope baker hits 20
              I've been saying that for I don't know maybe the last 8-9 games or so...and I'm going to continue to say it in every prediction thread from here on out. It might be next year or the following...but damn-it...one of these times...I figure I'm gonna be right. Lol :)
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Oh boy, Panther fans are going to be raging about this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Oh boy, Panther fans are going to be raging about this topic.
                  @forevershockerfan: did a nice job getting that title in place in case we get some visitors :)

Comment

It'll be a 7 point game either way...

Go Shocks!
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I predict that the Shockers lock it in all week and go up there ready to make a statement.
                      Tonight's game was hilariously bad offensively and even included a nice reminder about foul trouble for our big men. It was a perfect primer. WSU is going to handle the Panthers well enough that the pollsters will be reminded there is only one team in this race for the MVC title and they will manage to drop us in the polls Monday, saying "See, we knew WSU was overrated! They beat NIU handily so NIU must not be that good and therefore WSU doesn't play anyone so they don't deserve any respect." I can already see it now.

WSU - 66
                      Northern Illinois Huskies - 48

Comment

A top 20 win on the road, coupled with a top 25-30 win at home, will look great on our report card.

Comment

Shox. 58
                          NIU. 49

Shox. 61
                          UNI. 48
                          Last edited by Veritas; January 29, 2015, 12:13 AM.

Comment

I don't have a great feeling about this game, which means it's probably going to be fine...2 point game, either way.

Comment

Hey guys, looking forward to this game. Hope everyone making the trip from Kansas has safe travels. Excited to see the Wichita fans roll into town. Usually large groups of knowledgeable, respectable fans. There are some idiots, but hey, what fan base doesn't have their share.

UNI just never looks good, thats part of playing the game that they play. Defensively we will be as good as you've seen. If we are going to beat you guys we have to put the ball through the net from the charity stripe. We have had some games where that isn't as easy as it should be . We have held double digit leads in both of our losses (and several of the wins we won by 6 or 7 points). We can't afford to live and die by the three, too often we get in early holes as we shoot 3's on 80% of our first 10-12 posessions. I don't see us getting one of those on the shox but if we do we can't allow the lul that lets you guys go on that 12-2, 15-2 run to get back in it. I liken you guys to our game against VCU, i'm glad its at home :)

If any of you are making the trip hit up a new bar / restaurant whiskey road on main street. Its the new hot spot in town. For those of you looking for more of a restaurant / pizza place before the game Peppers and Mulligans is always a great option to. God luck guys! Feel free to visit at Panthernation.com

Comment

Working...
                              X