Coach Altman on the Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Altman on the Hot Seat

A woman who says she was sexually assaulted by three University of Oregon basketball players has sued the school and head basketball coach Dana Altman.

If this story has been posted, please delete.

For some reason, I have never been a fan of Coach Altman. Maybe it is because he beat our butts so many times.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...sexual-assault

If this story has been posted, please delete.

For some reason, I have never been a fan of Coach Altman. Maybe it is because he beat our butts so many times.
    I can think of two alma maters for him that would consider taking him back :)

Comment

I ran into Altman at a Blazers game a couple years ago; he was watching Korver as he set the "consecutive games with a 3" mark in the NBA. (BTW, he didn't get one that game! LOL!). He seemed nice enough, esp considering I was wearing a WSU hat. Out here, the story plays along the lines of whichever school you're a fan. U of O folks say Altman got caught up in something not his fault; OSU fans say he's a scumbag. I have no opinion, other than he's the best coach Uof O has had in a while...

Comment

Well, I suppose Nike wants someone with whom appeals to young folks buying shoes.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
          I ran into Altman at a Blazers game a couple years ago; he was watching Korver as he set the "consecutive games with a 3" mark in the NBA. (BTW, he didn't get one that game! LOL!). He seemed nice enough, esp considering I was wearing a WSU hat. Out here, the story plays along the lines of whichever school you're a fan. U of O folks say Altman got caught up in something not his fault; OSU fans say he's a scumbag. I have no opinion, other than he's the best coach Uof O has had in a while...
          Actually met him FIRST when
          he was a VERY young JUCO coach , I think at Fairbury in Nebraska...then he moved to Moberly , where he took his teams to THE DANCE in Hutch. Always thought he was pretty unassuming...NOT someone I would see in Oregon.

Comment

This woman's lawyer has a pretty lengthy track record of using Title IX to get involved in sexual assault allegations against universities without enough evidence to file police charges. In addition to the ongoing suit against FSU over the Jameis Winston case:

Clune has handled campus rape cases involving students at Wake Forest, University of the Pacific, the University of Colorado, Stanford and Harvard. He also represented the woman who alleged that she was raped by Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant.
            Absolutely doesn't say anything one way or another about the credibility of the allegations, but this guy has a clear narrative and he's going to do everything possible to make himself rich and famous on allegations of sexual assault against large universities.

I have a new perspective on these types of cases after doing vast amounts of research into the FSU case. There's no doubt to me that the media chooses to not report evidence that could portray a female accuser in a negative light and discourage future reports by other women.
            Last edited by Rlh04d; January 27, 2015, 07:49 AM.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Diana got out of the valley at the right time. He saw that shocker winter was coming.

Comment

Working...
              X