UNI Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI Roll Call

Who all is making the trip to frostbite falls? Group of 2 here, will be in section 113 row P. Heading out Friday night, staying in Des Moines then up to Cedar Falls on Saturday and back home after game. I'm sure the kitty fans will be in full Super Bowl mode, so can't wait to spoil it for them!

Any recommendations for a spot for a Shocker gathering lunch? Always great to dine with strength in numbers while in enemy territory. We did Mulligan's last year, and it was good, but I'd hesitate to go back because I had allergic reaction a while after we ate and almost missed the game as a result.

Eight of us, some staying both nights, others jetting back after the game.

Becks is the place we went to last year. Pretty solid and good, friendly Panther fans.

Don't forget Jethros in Des Moines for a cardiac arrest platter.

Comment

My wife and I are making the trip from Omaha.I think we're in 113 as well row c. I'll check my tickets later. If people are going to Becks, maybe we'll stop in. it's a four hour drive from omaha, leaving at nine which should put us in town at 1.

Comment

Bump

Lesson learned: do not post a road game roll call thread before a home game. Bad karma.

Comment

Man, I am jealous of you fellas. This would be the one time where a trip to Iowa sounds awesome.

Comment

For those of you making the trip, keep an eye on the weather. Chance of snow on Saturday.

Can't wait for this one!

Comment

Been reading some local press while en route... being referred to as the biggest game in the history of the McLeod Center, so the place will be hopping. Can't wait!

I read good things about Whiskey Road, so we'll probably head there for lunch before the game. Hope to see some Shockers there and many more at the game.

Comment

Be careful about the trip and the weather everyone, and have a safe return.

Comment

Originally posted by shox526 View Post
                  Been reading some local press while en route... being referred to as the biggest game in the history of the McLeod Center, so the place will be hopping. Can't wait!

I read good things about Whiskey Road, so we'll probably head there for lunch before the game. Hope to see some Shockers there and many more at the game.
                  If you have time I would recommend taking in the track meet at the UNI-Dome. Admission is free and the Shockers have a pretty full squad in attendance. The wrap up the men’s heptathlon beginning at 9:30 a.m. The Team Invitational will then begin at 10 a.m. with field events while the running events will kick off at 11 a.m.

Comment

Have fun to all those making the trek, would love to join you! Should be a great game. I'll be driving up from Dallas for the Feb. 28th rematch in Wichita though.

Comment

Have fun and make some noise for the rest of us.
                      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

My rowdy group of 6 will be at becks shortly. Have an extra 6th row ticket for free if anyone needs one.

Comment

Working...
                        X