Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reminder: Cotton's offensive explosion is coming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder: Cotton's offensive explosion is coming.

Cotton's 4-6 outing from three tonight seems like a good time to remind everyone: He's a second half offensive player.

I pointed this out last year, but just as a reminder:

In his three previous seasons, Tekele Cotton is a 25% three-point shooter through January 31st. Tack on this year (prior to this game), and he's a 26.2% three-point shooter.

After February 1st, he's a 47.6% three-point shooter.

I didn't update his overall FG% for this past year, but as of last March 9th Cotton was a 41.8% shooter prior to February 1st, and 51.9% after. His 41.2% shooting % prior to this game perfectly continues his trend.

He's done this every single season so far. I wish I knew what caused it.
    Last edited by Rlh04d; January 11, 2015, 06:26 PM.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Talk about Senior leadership. Today Cotton had the Ramblers woven tight on D and Cotton was weaving on offense as he inter laced 3's and led us to another road victory.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

He was just fantastic. Wish he was not a senior.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
        Cotton's 4-6 outing from three tonight seems like a good time to remind everyone: He's a second half offensive player.

I pointed this out last year, but just as a reminder:

In his three previous seasons, Tekele Cotton is a 25% three-point shooter through January 31st. Tack on this year (prior to this game), and he's a 26.2% three-point shooter.

After February 1st, he's a 47.6% three-point shooter.

I didn't update his overall FG% for this past year, but as of last March 9th Cotton was a 41.8% shooter prior to February 1st, and 51.9% after. His 41.2% shooting % prior to this game perfectly continues his trend.

He's done this every single season so far. I wish I knew what caused it.
        That is very interesting. Thanks for the info.

Comment

His injuries to his hand/fingers have been a key contributing factor to his slow start, those are finally starting alleviate themselves, and we are, in turn, starting to see improvements in all facets of his offensive game.

** returned improvement
          Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Bahahaha! No one else read this thread title and laughed?

Comment

Cotton is really coming on offensively this season, and it's nice to see. I think Tekele could easily extend his playing career if he chooses to. Sure gonna miss him next season.

Comment

How many wins until Cotton is the Shocker with the most wins?
                Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                  Great minds think alike

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
                    How many wins until Cotton is the Shocker with the most wins?
                    5 to tie Demetric Williams with 111.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Some items of note:

Most games won in a collegiate career is 133 by Shane Battier.

Tyrel Reed is winningest KU player officially, although they count many games he did not play. Teams he was part of went 132-17.

By my count FVV is at 79 after 2+ years. Is it possible to think we could win 30 this year and next putting him at 135?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        Some items of note:

Tyrel Reed is winningest KU player officially, although they count many games he did not play. Teams he was part of went 132-17.

By my count FVV is at 79 after 2+ years. Is it possible to think we could win 30 this year and next putting him at 135?
                        He won 30 as a freshman and 35 last year for a total of 65. He'd need to win 35 this year (21 more) and 35 next to put him at 135. 125 (or even 130) isn't out of the question.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                          4328-Giggity.jpg
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]2177[/ATTACH]
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              Some items of note:

That's a weird statistical artifact. How can anyone count a win for a player when he didn't play -- did he do a really good of cheering from the sidelines, or what? I haven't tried to go back and count real numbers, and I don't have time to do so, but that's just lazy on the Chickenhawks' part. There are enough people who do sports information for a living that real numbers ought to be available.

Comment

Working...
                              X