• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff ******* Intones

Taken from ESPN

******* Pontificates on Ten Most Overrated

3. Fred VanVleet's All-American candidacy

Listen, I’m a HUGE fan of Wichita State’s point guard. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a very good player. But there are plenty who put him as a preseason first-team All-American. He’s just not that. VanVleet has more on his shoulders this season with Cleanthony Early in the NBA and he’s struggling, shooting just 38 percent from the field and 33 percent from 3-point range.

Wichita State guard Fred VanVleet hasn't lived up to his preseason All-American status this season.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Is there a similar article about the Ten Most Overrated Sports "Journalists" out there?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You know, that's fine, no reason to argue the details.

But what I LOVE is all the experts pointing out why WSU isn't good. This program absolutely thrives on stuff like this.

Keep it coming.

I want to see Baker out of NBA consideration, an article on how the freshmen class is the worst in the Valley and how UNI is clearing space for the league trophy. Illinois State and Indiana State too.

Comment

I agree to a certain extent. I wouldn't say he has blown teams up like people expect an AA to, but he has been a part of keeping this team on top during one of the biggest learning curves we've had to face.

Like others have said, the learning curve is going to level out. Wait till the season is over.

Comment

How's Marcus Paige doing?
          There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

I'm not a fan of this clown and since he's been on TV at ESPN, I can't stand to watch him speak yet I'm entranced at the same time. Has anyone noticed the manner in which his mouth moves when speaking. It's freakin' weird looking, like he has a mouthful of taffy and he's fighting to open his mouth. I want to turn away but I keep looking trying to understand how we pronounces words with such a odd manner. Add this body quirk on top of his crap analysis, he drives me up the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              I'm not a fan of this clown and since he's been on TV at ESPN, I can't stand to watch him speak yet I'm entranced at the same time. Has anyone noticed the manner in which his mouth moves when speaking. It's freakin' weird looking, like he has a mouthful of taffy and he's fighting to open his mouth. I want to turn away but I keep looking trying to understand how we pronounces words with such a odd manner. Add this body quirk on top of his crap analysis, he drives me up the wall.
              Yeah, there's probably a reason he writes.

Comment

I equate ******* to the kid In high school who would say stupid things just to get attention.

Comment

******* is a ruhtard, but his point here is not all that obtuse.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    The taffy analogy is dead on. His colleagues frequently make fun of him for any number of different reasons even when he's not on the air with them. I'm starting to think that they only keep him around as some sort of pet.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Yeah, there's probably a reason he writes.
                      That's a nice way to put it.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

What Doc said...

It's not how you start, it's how you finish..
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

This is exactly what we needed.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if we are just perpetually in the perfect place, right where we are. No matter how good we get, we are always disrespected because we are in the MVC. You always have a chip on your shoulder from that. Then, you get a bunch of respect with a few great seasons but the moment you struggle at all (falling all the way to #16 with a great resume of wins) you still get people saying FVV isn't living up to his hype. Maybe he's not, but it's just funny because we are on top of the world lately and yet we still have very legitimate reasons given to us to stay focused and hungry. Maybe that's perfect.

Comment

Uhhh...9 assists to one turnover against Bradley is pretty AA stuff to me. It's coming and will get better as we go along.

Comment

Working...
                              X