Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Kennedy Named Kansas Sportscaster of the Year

Congrats Mike!

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Final out of the 1989 CWS

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Congrats to the voice of the shockers.

Comment

VERY deserved! I'm one of those who mutes the TV and listens to Mike and Dave, the best announcing team I've ever heard! (and, btw, DUH! Who was their competition, Bob Davis and Chris Piper?)

Comment

Why yes a great choice
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

We are so fortunate to have Mike Kennedy and his crew doing Shocker games. I love his passion for this task and his knowledge of Shocker basketball is off the charts.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

When you listen to other announcers you realize exactly how special Mike Kennedy really is. He paints a fantastic picture of every aspect of what's happening at any single moment in a game. It takes a lot of effort and preparation to do what he does as well as he does. Well deserved.
              "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

My only question is why only "of the Year" and not of the century?

Has he ever achieved this award before. I saw names like Wyatt Thompson, Fred White, Bob Davis, etc.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                  VERY deserved! I'm one of those who mutes the TV and listens to Mike and Dave, the best announcing team I've ever heard! (and, btw, DUH! Who was their competition, Bob Davis and Chris Piper?)
                  I truly think Bob Davis is the worst announcer ever...in terms of homerism...KU NEVER fouls and gets hammered all the time.

He also is the king of the rhetorical question, which I HATE from him

At least the Royals got rid of him.

Comment

My fav was the team of Mike and Dave Dahl. As for KU I like Chris Piper the rest make me gag and that included Max Falkenstein
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                      I truly think Bob Davis is the worst announcer ever...in terms of homerism...KU NEVER fouls and gets hammered all the time.

He also is the king of the rhetorical question, which I HATE from him

At least the Royals got rid of him.
                      My problem with Bob Davis is you can listen to him calling a game and have no idea what in the hell is going on. Other than KU getting fouled every trip down the floor.
                      "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Mike Kennedy will be a guest on the Gameplan on KGSO 1410 at 8 a.m.

Comment

Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                          My problem with Bob Davis is you can listen to him calling a game and have no idea what in the hell is going on. Other than KU getting fouled every trip down the floor.
                          "Outlet to...guard...here he comes....down the middle...pass...shot up...and...MISSED! No foul call! Rebound to...the other team..." WTH kind of game call is that?!

Comment

Mike Kennedy should win this award every year.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              Mike Kennedy should win this award every year.
                              just rename it the Mike Kennedy Award!

Comment

Working...
                              X