Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three games in

Biggest observation I have is that when our big guys play in LOW gear we
    struggle. It appears to me that DC plays in low gear the first half probably
    trying to stay out of foul trouble and conserve energy. I am warming up to SM
    but believe he switches in and out of low and high gears, as well. For us to
    be really good we need ALL of our big men playing in HIGH gear all the time.
    RN, RK and WB can all give us good minutes to spell DC and SM but they,
    of course, need to play in high gear also when in there, especially since their
    minutes are limited. If our big guys will all play in high gear we won't struggle in the
    first half like we have been and running the table becomes possible in the league.

Who the hell is WB?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      Who the hell is WB?
      Wamukota Bush?

Comment

yes, I got that backasswards

Comment

Wamukota, Bush I assume

Comment

The fans had the same problem as DC last night.
            They didn't get out of LOW GEAR until the second half.

The fans are starting to remind me of Shaq Morris before the last two games,
            spoiled and entitled.

Comment

Getting real tired of hearing people ***** and moan about the fans. What did you expect during a half like that? I have no desire stand up and start screaming and cheering after another yet blown layup and missed rebound. No one does. That's not how this works. I've been there for every game for years. With few exceptions, the fans stand up and start screaming whenever they're given the opportunity. There just haven't been many oportunities lately. The games have been way too disjointed.

Comment

I think GM's "going off" was more about inspiring his team to get into HIGH gear.
                When the team gets in high gear the crowd will respond in kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                  Getting real tired of hearing people ***** and moan about the fans. What did you expect during a half like that? I have no desire stand up and start screaming and cheering after another yet blown layup and missed rebound. No one does. That's not how this works. I've been there for every game for years. With few exceptions, the fans stand up and start screaming whenever they're given the opportunity. There just haven't been many oportunities lately. The games have been way too disjointed.
                  I don't disagree with this mostly, but when I've made a comment about our fans, it's more to do with accepting success than apathy with mediocrity.

For instance, I understand not standing and screaming when we're taking poor shots and not getting loose balls and can't make layups.

What I don't get is the "okay, now we're FINALLY up 8, I can golf clap from here on out".

That's where my frustration comes in. "Ok, I'm comfortable we're going to win now, I can relax the rest of the way" is where I'm at with my annoyance.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I don't disagree with this mostly, but when I've made a comment about our fans, it's more to do with accepting success than apathy with mediocrity.

For instance, I understand not standing and screaming when we're taking poor shots and not getting loose balls and can't make layups.

What I don't get is the "okay, now we're FINALLY up 8, I can golf clap from here on out".

That's where my frustration comes in. "Ok, I'm comfortable we're going to win now, I can relax the rest of the way" is where I'm at with my annoyance.
                    Agreed 100%

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Understood and agreed. However this has not been a year full of comfortable leads and people seem to be complaining about the fans more frequently than normal. The Alabama game is another good example. Which is nuts, because once they finally got going we blew the roof off of the place.

Comment

Back to my original intent for this thread. Would you rather have DC or SM on the floor
                        playing in low gear, conserving energy, and not fully contesting opponents in the paint
                        to avoid early fouls OR one of the others playing instead, albeit not quite as talented, but
                        playing in high gear AND contesting the paint / boards. Sure, you all want high gear
                        all the time but you know that is not realistic
                        Last edited by asiseeit; January 8, 2015, 11:35 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                          I have no desire stand up and start screaming and cheering after another yet blown layup and missed rebound. No one does. That's not how this works.
                          I don't know. I've only gone when I can get general admission (money choice). And I find sitting with students, well ... actually standing, and yelling makes a more enjoyable game to watch and to be at. It just feels like you are part of the team rather than having the team be there for you.

If the guys are needing to feed off the energy the crowd brings, then shouldn't we be giving it freely?

Also, we need a chant to keep people in the arena until the last horn sounds. Or maybe an "after the game" ritual for the crowd. SOMETHING to keep people from filing out early.

Comment

Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                            Also, we need a chant to keep people in the arena until the last horn sounds. Or maybe an "after the game" ritual for the crowd. SOMETHING to keep people from filing out early.
                            I think a spoof video shown on the video board towards the end of the game showing a random fan sneaking out early and getting caught by Wu would be pretty cool.

Comment

Ron hits back-to-back threes and the crowd starts roaring. Geno wisely calls a 30 second timeout with a few seconds over 8:00 remaining; play resumes and here comes the under 8:00 timeout taking the life out of the crowd again. Isn’t this the timeout where a contestant ‘attempts’ to toss a ball into the Lytton's Appliance washer? A scam a ‘State Fair Carnie’ would be proud of (don’t get me started on that little promo).

When you’re as old as WstateU and 70% of Shocker fans, it takes a lot to keep our juices flowing; we need our regular dose of Geritol for “Tired Blood”, so we can perform like ‘Rock Star’ Grannies and 'Geritol Geezers'!

“GERITOL liquid, contain twice the iron in a pound of calves' liver!”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X