WSU VERSUS ILLINOIS STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS ILLINOIS STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Here's the deal. 'Boldog uj evet." The Shockers close out 2014 with a road win so we now are Hung-a-ry to start 2015 with a victory by clipping the wings of the Redbirds right here at 21st. and Hillside. They have lots of new talented players and they should be better than Drake was but our Shocks will be playing really tough at home sweet home. Was it not Coach Dan Mueller that voted rogue by being the only voter not casting a vote for our beloved Shockers to win the Valley race? We may have to call this game "Operation Eat Crow" as Dan's redbirds find an empty nest here Sunday and have to go back to Redbird Arena with a loss. FVV will have 11 points and 11 assists in this 11 point surpass. It is now 11 minutes after 12 bells in the year 2015. When you write checks, don't be putting down 2014. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Each of you Shocker fans have a happy and safe New Year as our Shockers march to March and we hope April.

Redbirds get no worms-----------------59

Freddie and his Dream-Makers------ 70
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

We are going to have to play much better. We have the number 1 MVC team coming in fresh off their loss to INST.

THE RED WINTER IS COMING!
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Cotton & Baker-72

Kick 'Em in the Chest-67
      "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

We're gonna break out eventually and bust the slump. Not sure if this is that game.

Gregg Marshall 70,
        Dan Muller 64

Comment

Will be nice to play in front of a home crowd again. Maybe some home cookin' is just what this team needs.

WSU by 15+
          The Assman

Comment

WU 84
            ISU-R 73
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Wichita State 52
              Illinois State 51
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Today's paper mentions that Drake thought "We were ripe to be beat." Every solitary Valley team will be waiting for us with baited breath, thinking we have lost our edge. After all, we were out-rebounded by 9 and the Dawgs only had 7 turnovers which is way less than normal. One stat I like was we blocked 7 shots to their 3. We had 11 assists in which Baker had 4 and FVV had 3. Guess what? We shot 73.9% on throws which exceeds what we are used to this Season. Drake still shot 5 more throws than us. We need to defend without fouling so much. Now here is the kicker. 9-17 on 3's for a whopping .529 for the good guys. WOW!!! This will not always be possible on the road so we have to get our inside game established. The sooner the better.

The redbirds laid an egg with a loss at home to Indiana State. McIntosh scored 11 and Willis had 16. I'm glad we are back home for a few games
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

If there isn't a large printed photo in the student section of Cotton's dunk against these guys from last year, I'll be disappointed.

Suggested memes...
                  'Illinois State likes Deez Nuts'
                  'Will you sign my poster?'
                  'Tekele says what's up'
                  'You touched. You felt. It was COTTON!'

Or anything else you all can come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Remember'70 View Post
                    If there isn't a large printed photo in the student section of Cotton's dunk against these guys from last year, I'll be disappointed.

Suggested memes...
                    'Illinois State likes Deez Nuts'
                    'Will you sign my poster?'
                    'Tekele says what's up'
                    'You touched. You felt. It was COTTON!'

Or anything else you all can come up with.
                    Or get the engineering and art department kids together and make a working mechanical diorama of the play, complete with the Craig Steven OMG.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I hate the Redbirds. I still have the recording of the karate-kick game (identified on the DVR as "do not erase on penalty of death") and enjoy watching our amazing come-from-behind victory from time to time. Go Shox!

Comment

Want to see at least 8 paint points and ten rebounds from DC. Want to see at least 4
                        paint points and 5 boards from RN and 4 paint points and at least 5 boards from RK.
                        Would like to see BW dunk and a healthy EW. Not too worried about the others and
                        how they will play. 76-61 good guys
                        Last edited by asiseeit; January 1, 2015, 10:10 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                          Wichita State 52
                          Illinois State 51
                          In OT.. :-(
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            Want to see at least 8 paint points and ten rebounds from DC. Want to see at least 4
                            paint points and 5 boards from RN and 4 paint points and at least 5 boards from RK.
                            Would like to see BW dunk and a healthy EW. Not too worried about the others and
                            how they will play. 76-61 good guys
                            16 points and 20 rebounds from those 3 on a consistent basis = winning the Valley by at least 3 games..
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

There should also be an "Illinois State: Teddy's Safe School" sign.

Comment

Working...
                              X