Sr. ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sr. ceremony

was HCGM out there during the ceremony recognizing the seniors, I don't recalll seeing him out there on the court acknowledging the seniors. I could be wrong (just ask the wife)!

he was in front of the bench with the rest of the team.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
      he was in front of the bench with the rest of the team.
      This was the Seniors' night, not his. I'm sure he stayed with the team so the fans could focus on the right people.

Comment

They talked about this on Game Plan today as well. I think part of it also may have been the fact that, in a sense, these seniors "belong" to the era of his predecessor, Coach Turgeon, but that is JMHO. Could also be as Shox21 said, the point was to put focus on the seniors, and not the coach.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I have absolutely no problem with him playing the background.

IMO coaches should be involved with the ceremonies. They build relationships with the kids as well. But like ShockBand said, These arent really his kids *as far as recruitment and development is concerned*

Comment

Terrel Benton was real ticked off about it. He said he had never seen a coach not be out there on the court to congratulate the seniors and their parents.

Comment

He said he noticed it. And found it strange.

To say he was ticked off about it is just not relaying it correctly.

Comment

Coach talked to each player and thier parents before they walked out. The team and him then stood in front of the bench in support, behind thier seniors, who were the ones to be recognized for thier hard work.

Nothing strange about it. Both my college and HS coaches did about the same thing.

Comment

I like TB. But he's really getting into this journalism thing -- maybe trying to make something of something that's just not there. I'm sure the answer is found in the above replies.

Comment

CM was right out in front of the bench just smiling, did not strike me as odd.
                    I wish the seniors would grab the mike from Dancin Don and say a few words after the game. Could be fun.

Comment

I guess it wouldn't bother me too bad if that is the way he has always handled Sr. night, I just think it is classy and not seeking attention to publicly thank the seniors regardless of the fact that they were not his recruits, they are his players now! However, if that is the way he always handles it then that is cool in my book, I just see it differently! :wsu_posters:

Comment

Awesome Sauce, TB said it bothered him all night long, and that he was still thinking about it when he left the game. I'd say that is closer to 'ticked off' then just 'noticing' it.

Comment

He is probably comparing last night to his own senior night with Turgeon. Similar situation where Terrell was recruited by Smithson.

But from how it's been described here, I think it was actually a classy move by HCGM. It's the senior's time in the spotlight in front of the fans. Let them have all the attention.

Comment

Working...
                          X