Predictions for Regular Season Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions for Regular Season Record

We're 10-2 going into the conference schedule.

What is your prediction for our end of regular season record?
    28 - 2
    1.61%
    27 - 3
    16.13%
    26 - 4
    33.87%
    25 - 5
    29.03%
    24 - 6
    16.13%
    23 - 7
    1.61%
    22 - 8
    1.61%
    21 - 9
    0.00%
    20 - 10 or worse
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Thanks for this thread; I voted as I have posted previously - 2 OOC losses and one Conference loss for a 27-3 record

Comment

I went 26-4, just a guess. Of course I hope we run the table, this team is entirely capable.

Go Shocks!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

It's hard to predict when you have 8 newcomers. I feel good that there will be time between games for preparation. I feel good predicting that there will be 9 teams below us when it all ends.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Shox lose 4 games in the Valley this year. They just don't seem to be as good as last years team, at least they sure aren't playing like it. I think a lot depends on how our 2 "all-americans" FVV and Baker respond. If they continue to play like they have been, it could be a long conference season, but if they pull their heads out and forget about this all-American stuff and just play basketball, it could only be 1 or 2 losses in conference play. I don't see them running the table though, not as good as UNI has been playing.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
            I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Shox lose 4 games in the Valley this year. They just don't seem to be as good as last years team, at least they sure aren't playing like it. I think a lot depends on how our 2 "all-americans" FVV and Baker respond. If they continue to play like they have been, it could be a long conference season, but if they pull their heads out and forget about this all-American stuff and just play basketball, it could only be 1 or 2 losses in conference play. I don't see them running the table though, not as good as UNI has been playing.
            This is the kind of post that drive me ape-****.

WSU sucked it up in Hawaii the last two games. I can readily admit that. Our guards were not good, one-dimensional, and a bit selfish. That needs to change and will change.

However, comparing ANY team to last year's team and subsequent season is so moronic, it needs to be repeated. It's completely ******* moronic. No, they aren't as good as last year's team. No, they aren't going undefeated. In fact, the odds are good an undefeated regular season and Valley Tournament will NEVER happen again and certainly not in our lifetimes. So please, PLEASE, PLEASSSSSEEE, stop comparing this team or any team going forward to last year.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We have been better than 14-4 exactly twice in the last 25 years. 14-4 with an improved Valley doesn't make a long season. We might hope for a bit better but winning the Valley at 14-4 would count as a success for me. It would also likely leave us in the top 25. Enjoy the ride.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I think we lose three Valley games. Don't like it, and hope I'm wrong, but don't see this version of the Shox are capable of running the table in the Valley. I see UNI and Evansville as tough, but close, road losses, and the home game with UNI also being a toss up. There's also a wildcard in there. Don't know who, but conference play always gives us some head scratchers. I do believe, however, that we win the Valley.

Of course, this is all dependent on how the young freshmen develop and respond to close games, particularly Nurger and Shaq. If Brown has indeed " figured it out" and has consistent good play on the wing and plays tight defense, we might keep it to two losses.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

WSU sucked it up in Hawaii the last two games. I can readily admit that. Our guards were not good, one-dimensional, and a bit selfish. That needs to change and will change.

However, comparing ANY team to last year's team and subsequent season is so moronic, it needs to be repeated. It's completely ******* moronic. No, they aren't as good as last year's team. No, they aren't going undefeated. In fact, the odds are good an undefeated regular season and Valley Tournament will NEVER happen again and certainly not in our lifetimes. So please, PLEASE, PLEASSSSSEEE, stop comparing this team or any team going forward to last year.
                  Absolutely correct. We were the #2 team in the nation last year. Without a legitimate post player (no offense to Carter) and a legit back-up, we just aren't going to be a super-elite. We can still have a hugely successful season. I predicted a 10-2 non-con and 15-3 MVC season.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

It wasn't that long ago that we would have been ecstatic with a 10-2 record and a ranking of 16. We are relying a lot on newcomers and I see a lot of upside potential. I expect that we will have 2 or 3 losses in the regular conference schedule. I also think that we will be a much better team by March as our newbies continue to progress, and I think that a lot of progress was made in Hawaii for several of our new guys. I think that it is quite possible that we will be a sweet 16 team. Given the level of reliance we have on the newcomers I am quite pleased with our current status.
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I am more optimistic record wise. I think TC, Fred and Ron have all been a little banged
                      up. With an easier Valley schedule and giving the freshmen a little more PT, EW returning,
                      etc the team will get healthier and the freshmen will get better. I think we could run the table
                      in the Valley again but will probably lose to UNI one out of three counting the MVC
                      tournament. Expect a 3-5 seeding - then its just a matter of how well we are playing
                      and the level of play of a few freshmen. I know our vets will perform well.

Comment

For what its worth, KenPom has this year's OOC SOS as the toughest the Shox have faced in the last decade, and its not even close.

Here's the last 5 years OOC SOS rank

2014-2015: 44 .... Shox went 10-2
                        2013-2014: 96 .... Shox went 13-0
                        2012-2013: 161 ... Shox went 11-1
                        2011-2012: 89 .... Shox went 9-2
                        2010-2011: 266 ... Shox went 9-2

I think the Shox will be just fine. Tonight's game against Drake should be a fun way to ring in the New Year.

Comment

I think we have a better chance at going undefeated in the Valley than we do losing 4 games.

I see 1-3 losses. We could easily he undefeated against much improved competition from last season with a so called less talented team.

We may not have size, but that won't matter as much.

We are going to obliterate the Valley again.

Give me another dixie cup of kool aid please. It is gooooooo oooood!
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            My cousin George concurs…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm the lone vote for running the table in the MVC. Gotta stick with that preseason prediction of 28-2 heading into STL (altho I had figured 11-1 OOC and 17-1 MVC at the time).

In all honesty though, it won't rock me back one bit if we lose up to 3 league games. We're still the class of the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X