Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cle and personal responsibility

Great stuff
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/25/sports/basketball/nba-rookies-carefully-choose-which-stockings-to-fill.html?_r=0&referrer=

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    ShoxLax - Maybe this will help.
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/25...?_r=1&referrer=
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Thanks, for some reason my Kindle Fire hyperlink function is broke

Comment

any idea when cle will be able to play this year ?

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
          any idea when cle will be able to play this year ?
          I read that he could have potentially been back this week, so hopefully it should be soon.

Comment

great article. Love how well grounded and humble Mr Early is. In the article, he mentions receiving a stipend while at WSU. Does anyone know how much the players receive as stipends on top of full ride scholarships? With collegiate pay-for-play issues ramping up this coming summer, am curious to what others think WSU position regarding paying players should/will be.

Comment

I still cannot get over Allen Iverson p*ssing off $250 million. He is now dead broke.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Early stated in the article that he got a stipend. What's that all about?
                Livin the dream

Comment

He's probably referring to a Pell Grant and verbalized it poorly.

Comment

The stipend is the money they receive if they live off campus. It's not much and not really enough to cover their expenses.

Comment

Looks like Cle will be able to participate in team practices after the Knicks return from their current 3 game road swing.

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigman View Post
                        The stipend is the money they receive if they live off campus. It's not much and not really enough to cover their expenses.
                        When I was in college, they called them an in-lieu check. If you were a full scholarship athlete, all your schooling would be paid for and then you would receive a monthly check of like $800. That is what was used to pay rent and cover all expenses. I would be curious to know what the amount is now days. The players I knew all had multiple cell phones and all the newest gaming consoles, so they were doing ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigman View Post
                          Depends on what you think is enough to cover expenses, Cle has stated he got a stipend which is an in-lieu check at the end of every month for almost 1,000$ im sure rent and grocery didn't whip that out every month, so on top of a pell check of almost 2,000$ Or more he also state he received, let's just say I don't see how he wouldn't or any of the guys or college athletes would be hungry() if your spending correctly. they could have something saved up or they could be broke depend on the person! Cle appears and i believe, to have a great head on his shoulders as far as understand things most young adults and older adult don't I follow him closely and it intrigues me how he thinks and carries himself on and off the court, they guy was one of a kind. I'm sure he likes nice things and to treat himself but he seems to be a person who will value what he makes and spend it wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                            I still cannot get over Allen Iverson p*ssing off $250 million. He is now dead broke.
                            He thought that money was only "practice" money!

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                              He thought that money was only "practice" money!
                              Iverson practiced?

Back to Cle -- more evidence of what a solid citizen he is and a great representative of WSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X