X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVANSVILLE POST GAME COMMENTS

PT hurt-- that's bad-- Free sguiggly lighting bulb==Good--very good

Refs?---bla bla bla!!! PJ scoring record 25 points=good
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

PJ was simply awesome. Great all-around game.

Tough luck for PT. Hopefully, his injury is not too bad.

Congrats to the Seniors. We have now only won 3 of the last 6 senior night games.

Had some defensive breakdowns on occasion, but everyone seemed to play pretty hard and we did not have that deer in the headlights look down the stretch.

Everyone who played made some positive contributions. How about the big offensive rebound, followed by a 3-Pointer by Wendell and the 2 free throws by Brett Burley during crunch time. Also Lance with a nice drive and dish to JT.

The big story was P.J. Great way for a great young man to go out on. I'm sure it was a game he will never forget. His biggest strengths, his versatility and his basketball IQ, were on full display tonight.

Comment

PJ was the bomb tonight!! In good PJ form, and looking good!!!

Did anyone see Eck there with a couple of Cowley players tonight???

Comment

Like I said in another topic, I had a meeting I had to attend and missed the game. In looking at the boxscore I'm seeing some interesting things (yes, I know about Phil's injury).

What's particularly interesting are the minutes played:

Mekel - 22 min.
        Preadom 10 min.
        Durley - 10 min.
        Burley - 11 min.
        Ellis - 27 min.

With Phil's injury I would have expected more minutes from Durley and Ellis, with spot minutes from Burley. What I see is significantly more minutes for Ellis and Burley, but reduced minutes for Durley. Can anyone comment on whether the game situations dictated this or coach might have been sending a message?

I figure Mekel must be having his minutes reduced partly due to last Saturday and those minutes went to Preadom. Does that sound reasonable?

Comment

On a strictly positive note, how about that FT shooting!!!

Cooz was 5-5, Ramon 6-9. Quite a pleasant surprise.

Comment

Durley

Cudn't make it to the game tonight due to the flu, but listened on the radio. Whatever lack minutes Durley got may once again have been due to his defensive issues, but on offense, it was his 2 baskets near the end that really cemented the win - on on a pass from Matt B & the last one on a pass from Lance Harris.

Comment

Durley was in early foul trouble (as usual) plus Burley was holding his own pretty well, working hard and scrapping. Brett looked good knocking down the 2 free throws.

27 minutes for Ellis is probably his longest stint of the year. All-in-all Aaron was pretty solid on defense and on the boards.

Gal had his moments and then he had his moments as is his wont. Gal tries to be a home run hitter, and while he occasional makes contact he also strikes out a lot swinging for the fences.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                With Phil's injury I would have expected more minutes from Durley and Ellis, with spot minutes from Burley. What I see is significantly more minutes for Ellis and Burley, but reduced minutes for Durley. Can anyone comment on whether the game situations dictated this or coach might have been sending a message?
                JT was in foul trouble.

Comment

It appears that Clemente is head for a major senior season. I love his attitude and post game comments.

He seems to have a strong head on his shoulder and seems to be a person of strong character; the kind of guy you want on your side.

And I am on his side!

Comment

first time I saw Ramon, I knew he was beastly. He's such a great guy and a hard worker. Another summer on his belt and I think double doubles are going to be much much more frequent. PJ just went out with a bang. He played out of his mind!

Comment

I can't wait to see how Ramon leads the team next year. In the post game he said he's ready!

Brett Burley had some nice minutes. It was good to see him contribute.

I was busy looking for my wife when Phil went down. What happened exactly? I mean, I know he hurt his foot, but how?

PJ, Matt, Lance and Phil... thanks for everything. Particularly Matt and PJ--you were (and are) players on a very, very special team in Shocker history, and you will forever be remembered for that and all of the awesome moments you provided for us. PJ's performance tonight was perfect--exactly what the team needed, and exactly what he is all about.

Matt might have been quiet, but his leadership is apparent and as always, we couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for gracing Devlin Court and Koch Arena with your presence again this season.

A great night. I had a strong feeling this one wasn't going to be ALLOWED to slip away, and I'm glad I was right.

Way to go Shocker fans... it was a nice turnout and I think we sent off the guys in style. Now I'm just wishing we never had to say goodbye, but alas--'tis the nature of things.

Go SHOX!

Comment

I almost cried when they brought the seniors out

True story

Comment

Clemente is very coachable and I love his demeanor. PJ went out in style at the Chuck. The ovation for MB and PJ was awesome. Too bad PT got hurt and I hope he is well by the Drake game or before. Burley did not hurt us, played his role nicely, was scapping, and made to clutch free-throws like it was another day at the office.

Evansville started out ahead 8-0. Yikes. JT is fouling way too much. Gal had 2 travels the 2nd half which led him to some quick pine time. WP drained a needed 3. We kept our turnovers to a mild roar. I think only 11.(we like that number) We out-rebounded them around 18. That was huge!!! It was an enjoyable night and I thank our 4 Seniors for a job well done!!!!!!!
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

It was great to see the seniors go out in style.

It would be interesting to have Durley become roommates with Beast Clemente.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                              We out-rebounded them around 18. That was huge!!!
                              This fact cannot be overstated. We are FAR, FAR from the biggest team (height wise) in the Valley, but from what Kennedy said tonight we are leading the league in rebounding.

Guys and gals... just think about that: that's effort, and that's good coaching. Also, imagine if you will that same effort level and coaching with guys like EO and Garrett. I also see Ramon and even Aaron Ellis getting even better.

We are going to be even more of a rebounding MACHINE in the future!

:goshocks:

Comment

Working...
                              X