Other Games Thread - Diamond Head Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Games Thread - Diamond Head Classic

GWU going on two runs in the first half. The first to start the game 11-2. Now late going 8-0 run leading Ohio 36-26.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

I'm rooting for chalk today so that we can avoid any potential clunker matchups. Marymount is already a punisher for the SOS and the last thing we need is for DePaul or Ohio to get hot.

Nebraska vs. Hawaii concerns me tonight. The Bows already beat Pitt on the island this year, and Nebraska frankly sucks right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      Nebraska vs. Hawaii concerns me tonight. The Bows already beat Pitt on the island this year, and Nebraska frankly sucks right now.
      Which raises the question, which team will end up being better on the resume by year's end? Personally, I think I would prefer to avoid playing a true road game. Some silly things have been known to happen in games AT Hawaii. But mostly, I just want to win, tonight included.

Comment

If we play Hawaii it will be packed. If we play Nebraska, we can dictate the atmosphere. Definitely want to play Nebraska regardless of RPI effect at the end of the year. Not that I'm scared of Hawaii but across the Pacific, in paradise, we need all the help with momentum we can have.

Comment

GWU blows out Ohio. Ohio didn't look good at all. Came out so flat, never got any momentum.

Comment

Colorado opened the game on a 17-4 run, but DePaul has cut the lead to 20-14. 9 minutes left in the first half.

Comment

Somehow, DePaul will try to find a way to get themselves matched up with the Shocks -- that much we know.

Comment

CU runs a platoon like substitution, it's weird.

Comment

Ugly, ugly basketball so far, at least since I tuned in.

Comment

Colorado leads 36-33 at half.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      I'm rooting for chalk today so that we can avoid any potential clunker matchups. Marymount is already a punisher for the SOS and the last thing we need is for DePaul or Ohio to get hot.

I don't know if I would say 'sucks' but certainly difficult to figure...lose in OT at Rhode Island, BEAT FSU on the road, lose to a suckegg Creighton team, lose to INCARNATE WORD, but then beat a decent Cincinatti team...who knows?

Comment

OP's DePaul team lays down as usual.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Depaul 68 - 82 Colorado
                          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

If we get to play CU I'm going to be interested in Van Vleet vs Booker.

Comment

I understand that Hawaii predominately plays a zone defense. I'm not sure how we would match up against that type of team that uses so much zone. I'm going to root for Nebraska because I like to a) see us beat Power 5 conference programs, b) Nebraska will probably have a better RPI when March rolls around and c) since they are a regional program, I want to make sure we can impose our dominance on such teams whenever the opportunity arises.

Comment

Working...
                              X