Wonderings of a Six Day Idle Mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderings of a Six Day Idle Mind

• How will Ron wear his hair when he’s 30? 40? 50?
    • What language/dialect do they speak in Estonia?
    • Why do they play “Baby It’s Cold Outside” at Christmas? It’s not a Christmas song. It’s a sex and vice song.
    • Is anyone still angry about the NIT game in Nashville?
    • Who will be the protected seeds at Intrust in 2018.
    • When Fred’s BB career ends, will he go into coaching?
    • When players watch replays 10, 15, 20 years later, does their actual performance match their memories?
    • If Wichita State and Winthrop were not both in Greensboro in 2006 would Gregg Marshall be our coach today?
    • If you had to go before Judge Dahl, would you wear Shocker gear?
    • Do the Marshalls go with white or multi-colored Xmas lights?
    • Will the next restructuring of the MVC be one of contraction or expansion?
    • Would Gregg Marshall win most bar fights with other coaches?
    • Does Chris Jans have an escape clause in his contract allowing him to return to WSU?
    • Does Bob Hull have an occupation other than Shocker color guy?
    • If you netted $100 million from the Lottery, how much would you give to SASO?
    • Will Mike Kennedy ever sing the National Anthem again?
    • Speaking of the National Anthem, how come everbody faces the south flag when there is a flag at the north end as well?
    • Don’t you just hate Jerry Jones?
    • Do you sometimes find GoShockers to not be user friendly?
    • Would you want Chris Jans to coach another Valley team if it made the conference stronger?

Mele Kalikimaka
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

If all division 1 basketball coaches were put in a fighting tournament against each other, my money is on Frank Martin. 3G would finish in the top half, but Martin is a scary dude. I think he used to be a bouncer if I remember right

Comment

I highly respect Jerry Jones. Don't always agree with what he does. But I will say How 'Bout Them Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
        • What language/dialect do they speak in Estonia?
        They speak Estonian. I have a friend who was learning it for a while, for some reason.

Comment

Is anyone still angry about the NIT game in Nashville?
          Strangely, that game doesn't even make my Top 5 for biggest heartbreaks. On the other hand, Ben Jacobsen's buzzer beater a few weeks earlier... :banghead::ranting2::cry:

Who will be the protected seeds at Intrust in 2018.
          You know the Jayhawks will be one of them. I am not hoping for it, but I am pretty confident it will happen.

When Fred’s BB career ends, will he go into coaching?
          I think he would do well. I pity anyone who would play for him who doesn't have the same drive that Fred has.

If you netted $100 million from the Lottery, how much would you give to SASO?
          I would ask Sexton and Bardo what the largest gift given by an individual in Wichita State University history was...and then top that.

Speaking of the National Anthem, how come everbody faces the south flag when there is a flag at the north end as well?
          Doc and I have pondered that.

Don’t you just hate Jerry Jones?
          My uncle was a Cowboys fan, but he hated Jerry Jones and figured the Cowboys would never be consistently great again until JJ was out of the picture. Jerry Jones is all about style, not about toughness and discipline that it takes to build a championship roster. He is more interested in building the Cowboys brand than winning a Super Bowl, although he thinks the former will help achieve the latter. Point in case: he was mad at his front office and himself for being talked out of drafting Johnny Manziel and instead getting an offensive lineman. Manziel would not have helped the team win a Super Bowl this year, but getting that lineman might be a step in the right direction of getting to the Super Bowl this year.

Would you want Chris Jans to coach another Valley team if it made the conference stronger?
          Northern Iowa or Bradley would seem to be his only options to improve his career. Bradley probably has the support if they could win, and Northern Iowa has the history of success. I suppose Illinois State is also possible. That all said, if Chris has success and contends for a MAC title in the next couple of years, I think he will have much better options than the Valley...unless we ever needed to look for a replacement, of course.

Mele Kalikimaka

Can't help but think of Christmas Vacation....OUTSTANDING MOVIE!
          78-65

Comment

Jans is too good of a coach with too much inside knowledge of how to beat us, for me to ever want him to coach in the MVC other than at WSU. Which speaking of, God forbid that 3G leaves us, but I'd be pretty happy with CJ coming back to be our HC.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• How will Ron wear his hair when he’s 30? 40? 50? Shorter?
              • What language/dialect do they speak in Estonia? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Estonia - 46% speak English
              • Why do they play “Baby It’s Cold Outside” at Christmas? Like a Posi-Trac, It just works - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby,_It%27s_Cold_Outside
              • Is anyone still angry about the NIT game in Nashville? Yes! Why would you even bring this up?
              • Who will be the protected seeds at Intrust in 2018. Monsanto, ADM, Pioneer and Dekalb
              • When Fred’s BB career ends, will he go into coaching? He seems perfect for it
              • When players watch replays 10, 15, 20 years later, does their actual performance match their memories? My performances are always worse in my mind
              • If Wichita State and Winthrop were not both in Greensboro in 2006 would Gregg Marshall be our coach today? It was meant to be
              • If you had to go before Judge Dahl, would you wear Shocker gear? You would be a fool not to
              • Do the Marshalls go with white or multi-colored Xmas lights? Yellow, not Gold
              • Will the next restructuring of the MVC be one of contraction or expansion? I'm guessing we'll leave before they add teams
              • Would Gregg Marshall win most bar fights with other coaches? Straight Cash, Homie
              • Does Chris Jans have an escape clause in his contract allowing him to return to WSU? Would he need one?
              • Does Bob Hull have an occupation other than Shocker color guy? I'm sure being Mr. Cindy Klose is a job
              • If you netted $100 million from the Lottery, how much would you give to SASO? Enough to land C0|d's lunker
              • Will Mike Kennedy ever sing the National Anthem again? He sang the anthem? When did this happen?
              • Speaking of the National Anthem, how come everbody faces the south flag when there is a flag at the north end as well? I guess we're facing the Home side?
              • Don’t you just hate Jerry Jones? He's looking good lately
              • Do you sometimes find GoShockers to not be user friendly? It could be worse - http://www.missouristatebears.com/
              • Would you want Chris Jans to coach another Valley team if it made the conference stronger? Heck No
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Why face the South for the national anthem???

Why must the national anthem be an audition for American Idol? I breathe a sigh of relief every time I see the quartet getting ready to sing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Why must the national anthem be an audition for American Idol? I breathe a sigh of relief every time I see the quartet getting ready to sing.
                  Completely agree. Unless you are Jimi Hendrix or Arsenio vintage Mariah Carey play it straight.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                    Completely agree. Unless you are Jimi Hendrix or Arsenio vintage Mariah Carey play it straight.
                    Now boys, let's remember the season. Besides, being critical is how Mike Kennedy ended up on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                      [/LIST]They speak Estonian. I have a friend who was learning it for a while, for some reason.
                      Tell your friend

'Häid jõule!
                      Last edited by wusphlash; December 22, 2014, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I wasn't able to see the Vanderbilt game live, but I was keeping track of it via a phone call. One moment, there were .7 seconds left and the game was going to go into overtime.. then a few seconds later, I heard the Shockers lost. It baffled me how they could lose on a full-court buzzer beater with .7 seconds.. and to this day it still does.

That game was a perfect representation of so many games in the Turgeon era, it seems. One player on the other team absolutely kills us. Our team comes storming back late in the game, only to lose on a last second shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                          They speak Estonian. I have a friend who was learning it for a while, for some reason.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                            Ask Rauno for introductions?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Yes. Or a band. When did it become stylish to sing like you are at a funeral?
                              On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

Working...
                              X